My 8 year old loves my modded 580s
Jun 4, 2008 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

audiomagnate

1000+ Head-Fier
I came home from work and there she was again, watching the Disney channel with my modded 580s. I've got a killer 5.1 speaker system, but she's figured out how to turn off all the speakers and listen with these instead:

My teenage boy is embarrassed to put on any of my headphones and uses crappy ear buds. As my oh so wise daughter says, "girls rule, boys drool."

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 15
Great looking headphones. I'm loving that everything is black.

I've been tempted to paint the HD580 headband black to make everything black but it looks like I can just use a beyer dt770 headband to complete the black look. That is a dt770 headband, right?

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 15
Girls always know best.
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 15
I remember being mesmerized by my father's Yamaha/Klipsch system when I was younger...

Audiophile parents breed audiophile children. =D

Jun 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #6 of 15
Sigh...

Earlier today when I told my mom that I was going to drop $4,500 on a Blue Hawaii SE, she responded with "your sister is happy with her ear buds (iBud, of course)." Clearly, my addiction is not in danger of spreading to the rest of my family.

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 15
Heh, my parents never were 'audiophiles'. But they did have an old Philips Hi-Fi system. Hi-Fi International brand, back when Philips attempted the high-end thang - Garrard turntable and tone arm, decent speakers, good amp stage.

I guess it just grew from there... :]

Interesting that your daughter likes headphones. Maybe it's something about the phluffy!

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #8 of 15
Another true Head-Fi'er is born...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #9 of 15
Excellent. I hope when/if I ever have kids they'll follow in my audiophile footsteps.

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #11 of 15
Every 15 minutes a new Audiophile is born

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sigh...

Earlier today when I told my mom that I was going to drop $4,500 on a Blue Hawaii SE, she responded with "your sister is happy with her ear buds (iBud, of course)." Clearly, my addiction is not in danger of spreading to the rest of my family.

Haha Funny you should say that. I can't seem to get my brother into audiophilia.

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by thische /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been tempted to paint the HD580 headband black to make everything black but it looks like I can just use a beyer dt770 headband to complete the black look. That is a dt770 headband, right?

Yes its a DT770 headband. I picked up one directly from Beyer-USA for 9.17 + shipping and used it for my HD580's as well.

Jun 4, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sigh...

Is that Blue Hawaii gizmo that Electrostatic amp over at headwize? And with iBud, does dat reference to the standard supplied headphones with the iPod? And if so, does it reference to the 1G or 2G iPod earbud or both?

Just wondering.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by thische /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what it is, very cheap from Beyer. I'm not convinced it's real dead animal skin. It was on my 880s too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back