My 4th pair of mylarone HR2s just broke. This is getting ridiculous now.
Apr 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Question2

100+ Head-Fier
Seriously.

The 3rd pair lasted 3 days, from friday to sunday. On sunday, the sound on the left earbud started cutting out if i moved or jostled the connector head. By monday it completely lost all sound in the left earbud. The 4th pair lasted from monday to today morning when i tried using my mp3 player on the way to work and all sound was gone in the left earbud.

Same problem everytime btw. Left earbud has no sound unless i apply pressure to the connector head. As far as i can tell the connection inside is EXTREMELY FRAGILE. I do NOTHING special...like all previous earphones, i plug it into my mp3 player, put the player in my pocket and that was it. That and use it with my PC. Its not like i try and abuse it to see how far it will go without breaking.

This is epic fail. I have had stock apple earbuds last me for months. This is some extremely fail quality control/design right here. I cant keep coming back to jaben every few days, its 45 mins on a one way trip and theres the transport fees too.

Please advise...

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 10
Get a new pair of earphone?
If not you might wanna talk to Uncle Wilson in person to see if you can trade in for another earphone with top up from your side.

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 10
If you want, try re-terminate it with something stronger, a Neutrik or Swichcraft mini jack (*make it looks good too).

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 10
Retermination would probalby fix the problem as Clieos said, but I suggest just buying a better quality phone. It would benefit you in the long run anyways.
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
next time get a different brand earphones

mylarones always have questionable QC since the start

Agreed

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 10
My kids have the Soundmagic PL30 and seem to like them. So far they're holding up. Before this my kids were going thru Sen MX500s on a monthly basis it seemed.

I was really hard on a pair of Yuin PK2s last year. Sweating, tugging, wind and they held up (except for the foam coverings, which disintegrated in about a week). The wire near the buds, the part that lay up against my neck got a little stiff from the sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back