My 30gb iPod died, what should replace it?
Jul 16, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #16 of 39
I also killed my iPod. Maybe we should start some sort of rehabilitation group and discuss our feelings regarding our poor deceased, and our abusive behavior. Was it really an accident, or a Freudian slip?

Anyway, after losing my hard drive iPod on a mountain bike ride I was considering a Nano, due to the flash drive. I didn't want to pay that much, so I looked at alternatives and settled on the Creative Zen V plus.

I got the Zen V+ (4 GB) on eBay for $65 in like new condition (the bags for the phones and connectors were still unopened). There are subtle pluses and minuses relative to the iPod, but the Creative fit the bill for me. I also like the sound of the unit with my modded Altec iM716 IEMs. It is slightly different from the 'presence' sound of my 4th G hard drive iPod, but I like it better with the Ety clone, iM716s. At about a third the price of the 4GB iPod, and with an FM radio, and the ability to play video, this unit is a steal. Creative sells them on their web site as well at prices far less than the iPods.

It can also be used with Mac computers and iTunes with free XNJB software (which is what I use).

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #17 of 39
@Zip: Yup ive had a look around at the refurbished Nano's and iPod's, but they are still quite expensive. Ideally i would like an 8gb Nano, but that is also considering im still learning about the other players in the same capability range of the Nano and the 30gb video.

@jSatch: hahaha!! it was truly an accident, my ipod was good to me and i was good to my ipod...up until that dastardly day
frown.gif
Im still looking at the creatives but they are still definitely an option.

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatMACHI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@jSatch: hahaha!! it was truly an accident, my ipod was good to me and i was good to my ipod...

That's what they all say here at the rehab clinic.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #21 of 39
8gb meizu m6. about $130-$150.

Jul 28, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #22 of 39
The Meizu m6 and the m3 seem like good options along with the Creative Zen Micro and the Nano.

One this which annoys me is the fact if i do ever order mp3 player i'll most likely be ordering online since Australia is horrible for prices
frown.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #23 of 39
You know, for just $350 more, you can get a Nano AND a phone
icon10.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nospam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, for just $350 more, you can get a Nano AND a phone
icon10.gif

If you're suggesting the iPhone im going to go crazy !!! yuuukkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Does anyone know how sturdy the M6 is? Its got such a large screen im thinking its relatively easy to damage compared with the Nano, or a ZVM.

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #26 of 39
What about Iaudio D2?

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #27 of 39
not knowing your financial situation, you may want to either hold off until the 6g iPod comes out (prob in time for the christmas pull) or buy a cheap set to last til then. i don't know any specs of the upcoming ipod, but you might want to leave your options open so you aren't terribly disappointed if it's widescreen/wifi/etc.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #28 of 39
I think the Zune might be better than a nano. From what I've read, Microsoft's firmware has many fail-safes to save the HDD from trauma. And where do you snowboard in Australia?

Jul 31, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatMACHI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im pretty sure its out of warranty period. But ill go back into the mac store to check it out anyway.

You didn't pay with a credit card that has extended warranty protection did you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back