my 2 cents on the E4c (upgraded from E3c)
Feb 13, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #16 of 22
Shure's customer service is killer. I got a pair of e5c's from the Long & McQuade near my house, and after a while I noticed the right woofer driver would really buzz at high volume. I brought them back to L&M and the guy there told me he'd send it in to be repaired, and that it would take weeks. He called Shure, and they told the L&M guy to ship them back my broken e5c's, and to give me a new pair, and Shure would just send L&M the new ones, so I wouldn't have to go without my 'phones. Its service like that that'll keep me buying their products, even if they were to suck in the future.

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #18 of 22
So if what you guys are saying is correct, I could trade in my e2gs and just add on money to get like e4cs?

Also does anybody have a comparison between er4p and e3c? they seem to be in the same price range and i seriously considering buying one of them after selling off my zen v

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhcp_kz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if what you guys are saying is correct, I could trade in my e2gs and just add on money to get like e4cs?

Also does anybody have a comparison between er4p and e3c? they seem to be in the same price range and i seriously considering buying one of them after selling off my zen v

no they dont do that, I already asked.

instead of the e3 skip to the e4 or the er4p/s. From what I read, the e4 totally beats the e3 out of the water

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #20 of 22
I started with the e2c, didn't really use them until the black soft sleeves were introduced by shure. Once I got those sleeves, i abused the drivers out of the e2.

A couple of months ago, CompUSA (ann arbor, MI) had e3 in white for $120, but I wanted black. Thats $50 off retail, so I price matched at Best Buy for a black pair. I listened to them a bit on the way back to the hotel and for an hour or two in the hotel but I wasn't happy.

The fit was good but the sound wasn't up to what I thought it should be. I enjoyed the sounds from the e2. In fact, I preferred the e2. Even taking into consideration the shortcomings of the e2, i felt the music from the e3 wasn't "pleasing" to me (how is that for something measurable?). The bass wasn't where I thought it should be, although the high end was good. When I listend to accoustical guitar and solo female singers, the e3 sounded very good. But when I played something heavy and growling, then the e3 lost its luster.

A trip back to Best Buy returned the funds into my headphone stash and I waited for a price break on the e4.

I picked up the e4 just before christmas when Tweeters had a special invitation only customer sale, but I didn't get them from Tweeters. They had the e4, but again, only in white. A trip to another Best Buy, this time I was south of Chicago found the last pair of black e4cs. They pricematched Tweeters and i've been thrilled since.

When listening to music i've listened to a hundred times before, I'm amazed to hear aspects of the music I have never heard before.

I believe that the sound from the e4 is completely different than the e2. I feel the the sound is more accurate and the e4 doesn't "make over the tonal qualities" of the music the way I feel the e2 do.

I'm working my way towards custom sleeves, but everytime I browse these forums the thought slips past me, "what about the e500?"

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #21 of 22
I recently upgraded from the e4 to the e500. They sound TOTALY different! The e500s sound HUGE! Not quite as 'in your face' as the e4s are, but very very wide , smooth and detailed. They sound full , like nothing is missing and nothing is overemphisized<sp> I am so pleased with my e500s, that I returned the e4s to shure because the strain relief to the right driver was splitting and they just sent me a brand new replacement package with a new warranty that I may just leave sealed and offer up for sale if i could possibly recoup close to what I paid for them
blink.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure's customer service is killer. I got a pair of e5c's from the Long & McQuade near my house, and after a while I noticed the right woofer driver would really buzz at high volume. I brought them back to L&M and the guy there told me he'd send it in to be repaired, and that it would take weeks. He called Shure, and they told the L&M guy to ship them back my broken e5c's, and to give me a new pair, and Shure would just send L&M the new ones, so I wouldn't have to go without my 'phones. Its service like that that'll keep me buying their products, even if they were to suck in the future.

That is Shure America. Shure Europe is somehow different, if we talk customer service: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224731

Users who are viewing this thread

Back