mx500 for MD?
Jan 7, 2003 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ismala

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I recently bought a Sony MZ-N1 MD portable recorder and i am very happy with.

But the headphones that came with minidisc are horrible.

I have a pair of Sennheiser 280pro which i use at home at HI-FI estero and computer, i like the sound but when i plugged them in the N1 the sound was good but too loud for me, the need and amp.

i have not money now to buy an amp, but neither i don't want to carry and amp with me.

Could people tell me a pair of cheap and decent hedphones that goes loud with mi MZ-N1 minidisc and don't need and amp?

I have seen sennhesier mx500, they seem to hace good sound for the price, they will good loud with my MD?

Other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Sorry for my english but i am from Spain

Jan 7, 2003 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 10
Hi ismala,

I have the MX400, which is practically identical to the MX500. They sound great with my Sony MZ-R909 MD, with great imaging and will go much louder than I ever need. They don't give very good sound isolation from external noises though.

Pero, son muy buenos y pequenos!

Jan 7, 2003 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by j-curve
Pero, son muy buenos y pequenos!

I agree, they are small and very good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 10
MX500 and the MX400 are different in more then the volume control I am told. The MX500 are great if you don't mind the openess, I find myself cranking up my pcdp all the time because people drowned them out
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2003 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't understand this enthusiasm about the Sennheiser MX series. What's the point of them supposedly sounding great if you can't hear anything out of them? Some practicality please!
Try the Sennheiser PX200. They are a good entry-level headphone which do usefully seal.

Jan 7, 2003 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 10
LOL I listen to them when it's pretty quiet in my room and they sound pretty decent, but if there is any sound it goes right through them, no more listening to them for me... my ears are messed up enough as it is.

Jan 8, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 10
I posted something about the following earlier but the thread died.

I bought the MX 500 based on recommendations in the forums. When I recieved them I was disappointed. Then I tried putting them in differently which made me wonder exactly how were they supposed to go in? Sounds stupid but you aren't given any instructions. I put them in like I figured everyone did but they were to big to sit in the ear very well and didn't block out ANY kind of sound and also sounded quite weak.

Then I put them straight in with the speakers faceing forward towards the front of my head and the wires pointing straight out of the ear (looks a little funny though). They fit better, they blocked out sound better, and they sounded MUCH better. Now I even kind of like em. Is that the way they were supposed to go in all along? Anyway, if you aren't already putting them in like that, try it and tell me what you think. Maybe it's just the size of my ears that makes that work.

Also the 400 and 500 are the same except for a volume control.

Jan 8, 2003 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 10
Go for the ksc50s instead. i am sure the the sound is heads above than the puny senn buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back