MX500 and Koss KSC-35
May 6, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by leydig
What happens if there isn't anyone to sign for it? I have school
frown.gif

Well, I was lucky to sign mine, but the UPS guy told me that he was gonna leave the package between the doors, so if you have a storm door (or whatever it's called) in front of your main door, then maybe it might be left there.

Usually, at least for my area, if there's no one to sign, they'll leave a card in your mail (or possibly on your doorknob) with info on which post office to go to pick up your package after 5pm the same day or 1pm the next day.

May 6, 2003 at 8:13 AM Post #32 of 41
Dragon, I'm not sure about it. I doubt you'll get it since you said you signed for it. Normally if you owe customs they'll ask for it up front.

May 6, 2003 at 8:21 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
Dragon, I'm not sure about it. I doubt you'll get it since you said you signed for it. Normally if you owe customs they'll ask for it up front.

So that's good news then! Thanks! ^_^ I bet the amount I would've paid for customs handling and taxes would get me two pairs of MX500 or something since I bought 6 pairs of KSC-35 so that I can give some to my siblings and friends.

May 6, 2003 at 8:30 AM Post #34 of 41
yeah customs is terrible. Any idea where to get MX500s in Ontario or Montreal? Just a note of caution, becareful when you use UPS ground or Fedex ground services as brokerage fees are extra.

May 6, 2003 at 8:50 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
yeah customs is terrible. Any idea where to get MX500s in Ontario or Montreal? Just a note of caution, becareful when you use UPS ground or Fedex ground services as brokerage fees are extra.

I think there's a new Sennheiser HQ in the Montreal area and they're working on the web site now. www.sennheiser.ca seems to indicate this. I really don't know where to get the MX500, but I did see a Radio Shack not too far from my place that sells the MX400. It doesn't seem like they carry the MX500 nor do they want to though. Maybe most people can't justify the price difference between the MX400 and MX500. I wanna get some Senn headphones too, but right now my wallet is too thin, and I still have to get birthday presents for my best friend and my bro too.
frown.gif

May 6, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #36 of 41
im interested in these both and am also undecided between them... so do what im about to do... BUY EM BOTH!
biggrin.gif

or buy both and sell whichever you dislike more to me. seriously. i wouldnt mind either for portables, because my PortaPro is too bulky to carry around and the headband clashes with my hair
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 7:45 PM Post #37 of 41
One final question before plunking down the dough:

Just so I have a point of reference, do the KSC35 leak more than a pair of cheap earbuds?

Thank you all for sharing your expertise :)

May 6, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by leydig
Just so I have a point of reference, do the KSC35 leak more than a pair of cheap earbuds?

I do find that the KSC-35 leak more than my E888, but the E888 are definitely not cheap earbuds.

May 7, 2003 at 8:48 PM Post #40 of 41
i just called koss today, and it looks like there has been a delay and they wont be shipping orders made in the past 2 weeks until MAY 23!! and, they said that they are manufacturing new ones. so the speculation is right, these are not left over stock, but brand new headphones...just sux that it will take soooooo long
frown.gif

May 7, 2003 at 10:17 PM Post #41 of 41
i would like to know if these newly manufactured ones will look more like the ones pictured on their web site.. with the soft case that has a flap up top rather than draw strings... and nickel plated jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back