MX500 and Koss KSC-35
May 5, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #16 of 41
Oh, I forgot about the glasses question. I wear glasses at home, and yes, it is possible to wear the KSC-35s and glasses at the same time without problems, and comfortably too! You'll just have to make sure that they don't "cross" each other, but it's not too hard to do.

May 5, 2003 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 41
You are all so nice and helpful
biggrin.gif
I guess the Koss phones are the way to go then, seeing that my ears get bruised enough by extended wear of hard, El-Cheapo buds.

Something else just occurred to me: do they "leak" sound? Don't want to get booted from the library.

May 6, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #20 of 41
Yes, the KSC-35s do leak sound, although I haven't asked people how much it leaks when I'm wearing them.

Lucky you that the coupon code still works. Make sure that you take advantage of it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you're lucky, you might not be charged any GST/PST and customs/handling either. I didn't get charged anything else whatsoever and only paid the price of the headphones.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #21 of 41
dragonlong, how many days after you placed your order did you receive your headphones? I'm located in Canada as well (Vancouver, to be specific), and it's been a week. I can't wait to get my hands on them
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, how were they shipped, was it via UPS?

Lastly, something... odd? The day after I placed my order, Koss e-mailed me, asking for confirmation on billing address as well as the 3/4 digit security # on the back of my CC. Of course I replied w/ what they were asking for, but... why didn't they just ask for this while I was ordering thru their secure website? Why leave it for e-mail?

Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #22 of 41
They asked me for the security code too. Just phone them up and give it to them over the phone, there's a 1 800 number on their site..

This is a pet peeve of mine, retailers are NOT supposed to ask for this code. It does Not protect them against fraud from stolen cards, because even if they get the code, visa will NOT verify it for them, AND... the security code does NOT replace a signature, so if they sell something to someone with a security code and no signature, they will still get charged back.., according to the telephone conversation I had with Visa.

The purpose of the code is so the credit card company can verify certain information. The credit card companies do NOT disclose the security code to the retailer, so there is no way they can verify if it's the right code or not.

In fact the Visa security person told me that companies cannot make this request, but I explained to him that companies are not only asking for the code, but that in some cases you can't make a purchase without giving the code. Some even setup their web pages to add a box to punch in the security code.

This is what everyone should do.. Phone your Visa/mc company and ask them specifically if you should give out this code, and if they say no, then tell them what's going on .. but ask to speak to a supervisor.. MAYBE they will say something to the merchants.

But until then, I'm afraid you have to give out your code to get your Ksc-35's..

May 6, 2003 at 2:34 AM Post #24 of 41
I've had the senn mx500's fer over a year now (and gettin 35's delivered tomorrow or the day after, hehe), a solution the them always falling out and never having the right position to was to wear them upside down!!

yep, dunno if i've just got some strangely deformed ears (they LOOK normal...), but i find the fit to be much better if wear them upside down, then tuck the wire over-n-back my ear (a la Shure E series). an added plus is that if the cord gets pulled on, by wrapping the wire around the ear, any tension to the wire is absorbed before it has a chance ta pull on the phones themselves, and thus the 'phones are not yanked out of place! oh, and in order ta wear em this way, ul need ta put on the foamies - the mx500 sounds better with em on anyhow
biggrin.gif

the only bad thing is that u get stares from everyone. I've been wearing them upside down for a long time now, and all the time i get people lookin at me when i wear these things, like its the strangest thing ever. hehe, compared to these, wearing a v6 is like camouflage
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #25 of 41
I can't remember exactly how many days... I think it was between 7 and 10 days that I received them after placing the order. They did ask me for the security code, so that's normal. After that, I haven't heard anything at all from Koss, and then on a Tuesday morning, someone knocked on the door. I ran down the stairs, opened the door, and there was the UPS guy. I signed his electronic signature thingy and took the package. He told me that he was about to leave (I guess I took too long to run down the stairs) and he'd just put the package between the outside and regular door for me. I was surprised that I wasn't asked to pay any money (customs handling, taxes, etc.).

May 6, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #26 of 41
Dragon... UPS has a way of sneaking up on you. If you see a LVS label on your unit you might get a letter in the mail asking for customs fees. Hopefully that'll never happen. Happened to me a couple of times.

May 6, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #28 of 41
btw, to the people that ordered these last weeks, I just called to them to ask what was going on and they told me last week was inventory checking week or something and NOTHING was shipped out. The cans will be shipped starting today, 5-7 days in US.

May 6, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
Dragon... UPS has a way of sneaking up on you. If you see a LVS label on your unit you might get a letter in the mail asking for customs fees. Hopefully that'll never happen. Happened to me a couple of times.

Jaskin, LVS? What does it actually stand for?

I see a green sticker that says ODC, CCR, LVS (x written through it), HVS, DOC, NDOC (x written through it), D/A ID, and Origin Port Code.

I take it that since there's an x manually written through LVS that this applies to me. I don't think I received anything in the mail asking for customs fees yet. How much later do they send that mail out?

Don't they realize that Head-Fiers' wallets are thin enough as they are without having to pay customs?
frown.gif

May 6, 2003 at 7:10 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by dragula
btw, to the people that ordered these last weeks, I just called to them to ask what was going on and they told me last week was inventory checking week or something and NOTHING was shipped out. The cans will be shipped starting today, 5-7 days in US.

DANG
mad.gif
thought i was gonna get mine tomorrow...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back