MX400 pads
Sep 12, 2003 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep the pads in place so they dont fall off? Do the RS pads fit any better and do they change the fidelity?

I like the 400's for what they are but need to find a solution to keeping the pads stable. Thanks

Sep 12, 2003 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 5
the radio shack pads stay on better and in my opinion make the MX's (I have the 500's) sound a little better since they fit my ears better and keep the buds pointed in the right direction.

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 5
i stopped using the pads as they sorta muffled the sound. the buds without the pad sound a lot better - your ears may take some time to adjust to the new feel - granted the pads are comfortable -but after about a week (from my personal experience of course), they get very comfortable and they sound great.

Sep 12, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 5
The stock pads that came with my MX500's kept falling off all the time. After finally losing both of them, I took the pads from the freebie MX300's and started using them. These fit better and have not fallen off once! Go figure
confused.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 5
i agree with mikey on this one...been using mx400 and 500 for a year now without pads and loving it. i notice a slight clarity increase, and generally more comfort...though the pads to tend to lend to a better seal.

still, i always thought some sort of rubber pad or something other than the foamies would be kinda nice for those of us who prefer naked buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back