MuVo TX FM vs. _____
Feb 27, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 30
IRiver looks like a pretty decent choice. I went over to BB yesterday and took a good look at the iFP-700 Series. Does it have as many features as the IAudio 5? The backlighting sounds wiked
600smile.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #17 of 30
how are the IAudio players with voice recording? I heard that the TX FM doesnt exactly get the job done... IAudio seems to be the way to go right now. Are they durable? Are they overall good?

Feb 28, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #18 of 30
I'm considering buying either the iAudio or Creative muvo, just as you are, but cannot find the iAudio in stores.

If you are still considering the Creative muvo tx fm, Futureshop actually has the 512MB one for $199.99, but you can do a price match with www.canadacomputers.com (which is also in Toronto) and you'll get it for ~$150 +tax.

Mar 1, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Irfanuks
I'm considering buying either the iAudio or Creative muvo, just as you are, but cannot find the iAudio in stores.

If you are still considering the Creative muvo tx fm, Futureshop actually has the 512MB one for $199.99, but you can do a price match with www.canadacomputers.com (which is also in Toronto) and you'll get it for ~$150 +tax.

Welcome to Head-Fi Irfnuks!!
i am trying to go to the limits in terms of space, so 1 gig would be my only choice. Which of the two players are you leaning against? I really cant decide. Either way, I will have to buy it out of the country. I am really afraid of the hassle if it comes defective, but i guess its the only way, considering that absolutely none of the stores in the GTA have any "good" players in stock

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
There is no fix for it. its a hardware static problem

The only fix I have found is to use a higher impedence headphone. KSC75s are dead silent between tracks as is my DT770. My 16 ohm e2c however buzzes. IMHO its only noticeable between tracks... and of course is only audible with the LED backlight on.

I tried a 100 ohm impedence adapter and it helps as well.

Garrett

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
The only fix I have found is to use a higher impedence headphone. KSC75s are dead silent between tracks as is my DT770. My 16 ohm e2c however buzzes. IMHO its only noticeable between tracks... and of course is only audible with the LED backlight on.

I tried a 100 ohm impedence adapter and it helps as well.

Garrett

wow. i stand corrected. that is weird, is the static just "overflowing" power that is just not being used so it creates the buzz?
confused.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
wow. i stand corrected. that is weird, is the static just "overflowing" power that is just not being used so it creates the buzz?
confused.gif

Im not sure... I modded my edcor amp with 220 Ohm resistors to silence amp hum. So, perhaps its an impedence mis-match issue with the MuVo amp circuit?

it could also be the very high sensitivity of th e2c reacting to the low level noise. In other words, its possible the circuit is buzzing with my other impedence cans, but they are not sensitive enough to pick it up ???? My EX51 is also a 16 ohm coil, but the buzz is lower than with my e2c.

So I think its the combination of a low impedence and high sensitivity.

Garrett

Mar 1, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #24 of 30
One thing to note, the MuVo TX crashes when it encounters variable bitrate mp3 files. Mine wiped out this weekend while I was out of town. Basically it powers down at random, within ~15 minutes. The only solution I know of is to download the latest firmware (V - 1.10.05) from the Creative www site.

Listened for 3-4 hours this afternoon and they seem to have fixed the problem.

Strangely the OEM firmware worked great for me for ~2 months, and just a couple days ago started crashing.

Hope this helps,
Garrett

Mar 1, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gn925106ng
kramer... how durable and dependable is the tx fm? i want it to last long

Im not qualified to comment... Ive only had mine since december. So far it seems durable. I droped it on my foot once and it bounced off the pavement... No problems so far outside of the forementioned variable bitrates.

The silver paint wears off the volume butons. Every thing else is controled by the scroll wheel which so far has been reliable.

knock on wood...

Garrett

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gn925106ng
Which of the two players are you leaning against? I really cant decide. Either way, I will have to buy it out of the country. I am really afraid of the hassle if it comes defective, but i guess its the only way, considering that absolutely none of the stores in the GTA have any "good" players in stock

I was leaning towards the 1GB iAudio U2 for its quality and size, but now that the iAudio 5 is out for the same price I am leaning towards that one. I am with you on being afraid of the hassle of returning to a US retailer. They really need more selection in Canada.

There are some reviews at iaudiophile.net and there was a review for the iAudio U2 here at head-fi posted yesterday by a guy living in Waterloo, Ontario who ordered from Suntech.

Worth checking out.
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #28 of 30
Irfanuks, do you think we're related?
rolleyes.gif

I am also leaning towards the IAudio 5... The thought of having different backlighting, line in/out (i have no clue), voice recording, FM radio and that it takes batteries gives me shivers (the good kind). The reason I'm leaning against it so much is becuase it has all the features of IRiver, and all the other usual players and a lot more.

Yes, they should definately have a better selection here in Canada. The only actual 1 gigger that I have found is the Iriver flash type.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #29 of 30
Suntech has the iAudio 5 1GB in stock again

I price matched it with eCost.com and with shipping it comes out to $200USD.

I contacted them through MSN messenger, so responses were quick. The woman said there would be no duty charges (they claim it for $19).

I will let you know what I think of the player and Suntech's reliability when I receive it (in case it's not clear, I purchased the player).
280smile.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #30 of 30
lol looks like u bypassed me. ive been on the lookout for a player since november
eek.gif
i went from tx fm to ipod to zen micro to h10 to muvo slim back to tx fm and back again... hope ya like the player! im excited to see how it is
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back