MuVo TX FM vs. _____
Feb 25, 2005 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

gn925106ng

Head-Fier
hi all,

I'm planning on buying a TX FM. I am very close to buying it, but the only thing turning me down is that it isnt released in Canada. sooooooo, I decided to take a little time and consider all of the other flashed based players out their competing with it. What I am looking for is a player that:
-Has a USB plug
-FM Radio
-Voice recorder
-Takes batteries
-1gb
-quality (BIG thing... I don't want something that will last me 2 days before I have to return it)

are there any competitors?

Feb 25, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by manixc
TX FM don't have 1gig version

really?...

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 30
A iRiver or iAudio would be of interest to you. I didn't like the iRiver because it doesn't support UMS out of the box and the firmware upgrade that does is kind of slow, I heard. Could be wrong on this. Besides that, the iRivers have longer play time -- AA batteries verus AAA for iAudio. I brought a iAudio 5.

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 30
the USB plug part is a big part for me. (That was why i chose flash over harddrive). The IAudio players seem like a great choice for me, but no plug
frown.gif
I could be wrong. Keep the comments coming!

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsand
A iRiver or iAudio would be of interest to you. I didn't like the iRiver because it doesn't support UMS out of the box and the firmware upgrade that does is kind of slow, I heard. Could be wrong on this. Besides that, the iRivers have longer play time -- AA batteries verus AAA for iAudio. I brought a iAudio 5.

oh my... sorry.... DAMN THIS THING IS HOT.
280smile.gif

lol i just checked it out and it looks pretty good. The only thing is that I will do the waiting all over again in order to order it in Canada (if it ever comes). I have been waiting since november to buy a player, and I am STILL considereing. I want to make up my mind lol... maybe ill buy online from the manufacturer

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 30
Too bad you cant get the TX FM, most bang for your buck here in the States and I just love the sound quality. Great player.

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 30
gn9:

You could order from SunTecInt.com for the iAudio player. I believe they ship to Canada and is about $10 cheaper.

Surprised that they don't have the TX FM there. You could order it from Amazon. I was going to buy a TX FM player myself but then thought the LCD screen was a bit too small. If you're willing to sacrifice some sound quality, you could buy a SanDisk. They are dirt cheap. I have 2.

From what I have seen, only the TX FM has a normal size USB port. All the others require a USB B Mini to USB adaptor. I could be wrong.

Too bad no one sells the Jens of Sweden brand in the US. The new MP-120 with a OLED looks nice. No idea how it sounds or how it performs through.

Feb 26, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #10 of 30
There is the Samsung YP-MT6Z (1GB) which includes a very small but separate (one inch long) USB to USB plug that is very easy to pocket. The MT6 runs for up to 42 hours on a single AA battery. It is smaller (shorter) than a Muvo N200 / TX FM. It has an FM radio and can encode the radio and line-in in MP3. It has a voice recorder and is very well made with a solid case that looks like metal (about 50 percent metal). It supports drag and drop, MP#, WMA, WMA secure, Ogg, ASF, and WAV. The display is the brightest I have seen on an MP3 player and there is no detectable backlight buzz. However, the encoding design disables the backlight during recording. The sound quality is very good with enough power to cause pain.

BestBuy carries the 256 and 512mb versions.

Feb 26, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #11 of 30
the only thing that i am afraid of is the fact that its a hassel to ship it back if the product is defective. I could be wrong. Is it really that bad?

Feb 27, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 30
Don't all Muvo TX FM's have that buzzing sound when the backlight is on (ie whenever you press a button)? Happens with the 256mb version I just bought for my mom, and I confirmed this issue with the forum members and OPs on the Creative Labs website. No fix that I know of yet (the firmware I added 2 weeks ago did not fix this problem). Otherwise, it's a great player and storage drive. Open package, chuck included software into a drawer, plug and play.

If you want good quality sound and good firmware updates, go for IRiver.

Feb 27, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Don't all Muvo TX FM's have that buzzing sound when the backlight is on (ie whenever you press a button)? Happens with the 256mb version I just bought for my mom, and I confirmed this issue with the forum members and OPs on the Creative Labs website. No fix that I know of yet (the firmware I added 2 weeks ago did not fix this problem).

There is no fix for it. its a hardware static problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back