Musiland Monitor 02 US
Dec 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #1,201 of 1,340
Hey I'm thinking of picking one of these up but just looking through the previous posts in this thread it looks like it's a lot of trouble to get this thing working.

Maybe it's a newer version that's come out but it looked like you had to change drivers and firmware and then wait for some sort of email based off of the first few pages of posts. Is it still like that or can I just go to a site and get the latest drivers and get it working right away?

Also where is a reliable place to purchase this from? Is "coolfungadget" a good seller on Ebay? I'm just curious because that user is banned I don't want it to be for anything oustanding...

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #1,202 of 1,340
I got mine from this guy in September 2010:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130372945857

No problems at all.  Took about 10 days to arrive, IIRC.

If ordering from Hong Kong makes you nervous, you can order one from Pacific Valve & Electric right here in the U.S.  But it'll cost you $64 more.

http://www.pacificvalve.us/MusilandMonitor02.html

My unit was newer than that firmware deal and I didn't have to do anything but plug it in and load the driver.  I think that only applied to devices purchased much earlier.

The best place to download drivers is the Musiland site, linked here many times.  A couple of days ago I downloaded the newest beta drivers from the link JavierS posted on the previous page of this thread,  There are a few members who post a link every time there's a new driver available.  Thanks guys!

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #1,204 of 1,340

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Monitor 03 suffers from the same AMD compatibility issues as the 02?

Huh! What are those issues? I run my 02 on AMD with 09 drivers. At this point the only annoyance I get is a tendency for the L/R channels to invert . It can happen after a reboot but it is easily taken care of by switching down to 44.1 and then right back to 192.

At one point, months ago, I feared the 02 had broken but it turned out to be something else.

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #1,205 of 1,340
For me it manifests as a randomly consistent crackle or popping noise only when attempting to play 96 or 192.
This occurs on all driver editions past and present in both ASIO and WASAPI.
Otherwise it sounds great. Also, it runs perfectly on my HP Intel laptop. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #1,206 of 1,340
I don't get the crackle on WASAPI or ASIO in Foobar2K at all. However, using ASIO with cPlay, I had to increase the buffers. This may be related to the optimizations for cPlay that allow it to make better use of memory.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #1,207 of 1,340
I got a quick question. On the back of the Musiland Monitor 02 US there's USB, power and 2 digital outs. 1 is coaxial and the other is toslink if I'm correct. Is the black square toslink connector just regular toslink or mini toslink? Is it some plastic thing you pull off to expose the plug or do you just stick it in that thing...?

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,212 of 1,340
New driver available http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/MlCyMon_2.2.0.0_build20111228.exe
from 28th December although I can't download, server is virtually unreachable for me, can someone upload here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back