Musiland Monitor 02 US
Nov 21, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #1,171 of 1,340
Got today the Browndog adapter. In a few hours it will be mounted. Will return with some opinions.
biggrin.gif

Edit: The biggest improvement is at the instruments (guitar, drums, piano, etc). The bass is more present and tighter and the voices are a bit forward than before.
All in all I think it's a worthy upgrade (20$). Now I like my Musiland more than my old modded X-Fi.

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #1,173 of 1,340
Good going, Fab_flix! I know you have posted a few details earlier but it would be good to have the new pixes. I was also looking at the caps that you replaced and hopefully getting your input as to the results vs the op-amp change now. I am planning to upgrade.

BTW, given my (old eyes) aversion to surface mount soldering (my receiver just barely survived a recent intervention), would this thing work?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-SOIC-LME49990-DIP8-ADAPTER-/190577861922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f536522

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #1,180 of 1,340
Uhhh....too much turkey made me dumber than my usual, what's GSM? (do I have to climb the cell tower to get to them :^))

Anyway, Javier, if you have a local Harbor Freight, heat guns are cheap: http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?keyword=heat+gun   EDIT: Ooops, just saw you that you are in Spain...qué se le va a hacer!

BTW, Fab_Flix, where did you get so many BGs, or was it partly from the old hoard? I haven't looked hard enough yet but I may have to use more Elnas than you did.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,184 of 1,340
The newest driver solved freqency change issue, but I got a new one :D

Since I installed it I have experienced a strange thing. Setting the output volume to 0dB it is normal (at least I bet) but as I lower the value to -1dB, the volume become louder and clipping. At -2, -3dB it is more louder but at -4dB the volume from the speaker is normal again. -5 -6 louder, -7 is OK again.
Anyone got this failure?

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #1,185 of 1,340
Hey all,

I've had the Musiland Monitor 02 for over a year and it has been great.  Recently, however, I tried investigating the new drivers (been using 1.0.9.0 since I bought the device) and the only one I could get to work was 1.0.8.4 version.  None of the newer drivers are seen by the PC.  I get a "successful install" message, but the device doesn't show up in the sound menu and the driver won't open.  All installs were done using the procedure listed in the Musiland forum.  I decided to go back to the newer driver (1.0.9.0) and it is the same with it now.  Successful install, no device in sounds, as though the computer isn't seeing it. 

I did a system restore to before I started messing with the drivers, and it worked fine.  But if unplug the device from the USB port, when I plug it back in the computer doesn't see it and I have to do another restore.

What did I mess up?  I'm no computer guru, but as far as I know nothing was changed over the old setup.

Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back