Musiland Monitor 02 US
Aug 15, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #1,097 of 1,340

Quote:
I have to report that the analog section of my unit has died... although the control panel thing says otherwise.

Anyone has had similar experienced and managed to fix it somehow? I think my warranty's over...

Mine seems to have the same problem. It worked fine this morning, then the sound got very distorted and now the analog out gives nothing. Optical & Co-ax out to a DAC still working, but headphone outputs do nothing good (the right socket nearly blew my ears out with a fast ramping tone!).
Had installed the latest Musiland PC software (beta V2.0), but am going to go back to something like 1.0.12 and see what goes from there.

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #1,099 of 1,340
I really can't decide between the MM02 and the also well regarded budget amp/dac Audinst HUD-MX1..

MM02 pros:
handles 24/192 USB in Asynchronous mode
coaxial out (might need it some day..)
high and low impedance headphone jacks easily accessible
60 dollars cheaper!
cons:
can only be powered externally (not that big of a problem)
seems to be quite unstable, since a major part of this tread regards driver issues and troubleshooting, this is what really is keeping me in doubt here

Audinst pros:
overall better parts, like the Wolfson WM8740 DAC
rollable opamps
can be powered via USB or externally
slightly better sound quality? (based on other people reviews,and I don't know if it is really that big of a difference)

cons:
supports "only" 24/96 playback
gain switching of the headphone amp is done internally (jumpers), a little bit more effort to change between my IEMs and full-size headphones
60 dollars more expansive! (but, if the SQ is worth it, I wouldn't mind paying the difference)

HP amp section is important, since an upgrade to a dedicated one is not something I can afford right now. will be using etymotic HF5 and sennheiser HD595
if anyone could help I would be very grateful!

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #1,100 of 1,340
Choose MM 02 US, it's great DAC in that price.
I compared Audinst with Audiotrak Maya U5 and it's the same class of sound.

Quote:
I really can't decide between the MM02 and the also well regarded budget amp/dac Audinst HUD-MX1..

MM02 pros:
handles 24/192 USB in Asynchronous mode
coaxial out (might need it some day..)
high and low impedance headphone jacks easily accessible
60 dollars cheaper!
cons:
can only be powered externally (not that big of a problem)
seems to be quite unstable, since a major part of this tread regards driver issues and troubleshooting, this is what really is keeping me in doubt here

Audinst pros:
overall better parts, like the Wolfson WM8740 DAC
rollable opamps
can be powered via USB or externally
slightly better sound quality? (based on other people reviews,and I don't know if it is really that big of a difference)

cons:
supports "only" 24/96 playback
gain switching of the headphone amp is done internally (jumpers), a little bit more effort to change between my IEMs and full-size headphones
60 dollars more expansive! (but, if the SQ is worth it, I wouldn't mind paying the difference)

HP amp section is important, since an upgrade to a dedicated one is not something I can afford right now. will be using etymotic HF5 and sennheiser HD595
if anyone could help I would be very grateful!

I had MM 02 US, I really liked that, but now I'm looking for something better.
What can you say about that http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-PCM2706-DIR9001-PCM1793-S-/110686814697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c572c1e9#ht_3369wt_982

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #1,101 of 1,340
How does the musiland compare with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-System-SB1240/dp/B004275EO4

and the HIFIDIY Aune Mini MK2?

If anyone can share their thoughts, it would be very helpful, thanks!

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #1,105 of 1,340
I have problems with latest version - MlCyMon_2.0.1.0_build20111009.exe. When I try to change volume level, I hear a lot of 'clicks', and level control is not smooth. Previous beta version 2.0.0 works fine.

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #1,108 of 1,340
I have one question. Just bought used Musiland 02 from a forumer here. At first, it was fine, works like a charm. But recently, sometimes there are interrupting sound just like electrostatic interference sound thingy. Why it's happen? Sign of dying? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back