Musiland Monitor 02 US
Mar 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #1,051 of 1,340

Quote:
My Musiland Monitor 02 US was purchased in December 2010.  It quit working after two weeks.  The unit is no longer recognized by the Windows.  I tried it on several different computers, Windows XP 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit and different versions of the drivers without any success.

I tried to contact coolfungadget to get it replaced (1st choice) or refunded but so far it has been unsuccessful.  It was purchased from Tam's Audio online store, not the eBay store.  I saw coolfungadget ID was banned from this site.  Is he still around?

I really liked the unit while it worked but was very disappointed with the short lifespan.

Has anyone had the same problem or with a dead unit?  Did you get it from coolfungadget?  Were you able to get it replaced?

Thanks,

Nelson

Quote:
I am. Please send it back for a refund.

Thank you for offering the refund.  At this moment, a replacement unit has been sent since the original unit was not reparable. 

I was expecting a refund but will receive a replacement unit instead. 
confused_face.gif

Nelson

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,052 of 1,340
Just to let everyone know.

I received a unit about 1 month ago.

I can confirm that the unit doesn't work on an AMD machine running Windows 7 64-bit.

I used my older Intel P4 with Windows XP SP3 and it works ok. 

Just a word of caution for AMD owners.

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #1,053 of 1,340
Hey there, I got my musiland today but cant seem to get my headphones to be working?
I've installed the 1.0.13 drivers and Ive left the firmware as it is out of the box. I tried clicking HP on the software but still nothing?

Also when I plug the USB in windows bring up the box, saying Musiland Firmware Driver....Device Unplugged?

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #1,055 of 1,340
Ok I've installed 1.0.9 but still no luck, I see the volume graphics change as I play the song but just not getting any audio? Ive also disabled all the other sound drivers, could it be I need firmware update?

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,056 of 1,340
I got mine three month before you did, I don't have to change my firmware in fact someone told me I don't have to. The older one needs firmware update.

Did you check your computer whether it has this device detected by your OS? Try it by clicking the speaker icon and look for the device there you should see it there.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #1,057 of 1,340
This device is picked up by my PC, It says so in the Sound part of the control panel and in device manager. Im just trying to play a MP3 through WMP and no sound seems to be coming out. I've also just disabled the default sound card from the bios and no change.

In the sound panel I right click the musiland and click test and still no sound comes out. Is there something I should change in the Musiland software, I cant tell the problem can be!

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #1,058 of 1,340
Hi,

You need to go say foobar(or any music player you using) you must select the device, musiland via 2 spkrs via the software Preference option, and choose Wasabi if you are using win 7 and Asio if you are using XP. I don;t use WMA.

BTW Musiland selction of SR rate is automatic normally 44 or 48kbit/s and you either choose Headphone or Line from the software you don't have change anything else.

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #1,062 of 1,340

Quote:
Just to let everyone know.

I received a unit about 1 month ago.

I can confirm that the unit doesn't work on an AMD machine running Windows 7 64-bit.

I used my older Intel P4 with Windows XP SP3 and it works ok. 

Just a word of caution for AMD owners.

Working perfectly fine with my computer. AMD Win 7 32-bit.

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #1,065 of 1,340
Anyone here know where I can get one for the cheapest price? I don't want to break the bank since I am looking to invest more on my speakers. I guess this also means that I am open to offers on one if anyone is looking to sell theirs as well.

EDIT: Anyone here know how it fares with movies and games? The majority of the time I will use it for music, however there will be times I will play a game or watch as movie as well. And how does it sound with headphones compared to a decent internal soundcard such as the Xonar Essence ST?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back