Musiland Monitor 02 US
Jan 29, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #1,036 of 1,340
hi there!

newbie here.

I know that way back people were stating that they were having problems with the drivers on a computer with an AMD processor running Windows 7 64-bit.

Can you please tell me if that has been resolved.  I have read through the posts but couldn't find a cure.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #1,037 of 1,340
Hi,

I just received the Musiland 02 the manual  is in Chinese and I downloaded the English manual from Tam's website, the English is incomplete and only explain how to upgrade the different firmware.

I then plug in the unit via the USB 2.0 port and my laptop Win 7Pro cannot recognise it, I did not insert CD that comes with it. Questions please:

1. Do I insert the Driver CD, I assume it comes with 1.0.6?
2. If the firmware is in 1.0.6 should I update to version 1.0.9?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #1,038 of 1,340

Quote:
Hi,

I just received the Musiland 02 the manual  is in Chinese and I downloaded the English manual from Tam's website, the English is incomplete and only explain how to upgrade the different firmware.

I then plug in the unit via the USB 2.0 port and my laptop Win 7Pro cannot recognise it, I did not insert CD that comes with it. Questions please:

1. Do I insert the Driver CD, I assume it comes with 1.0.6?
2. If the firmware is in 1.0.6 should I update to version 1.0.9?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks

There's no need to upgrade the firmware. It's the most up to date. Just update the drivers to 1.0.9.

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #1,039 of 1,340
I need some technical advice. I've had my Musiland 02 for a few weeks now and it's performed fine. I've had it plugged into a stepdance (amp) and I just got myself a pair of sennheiser HD600s and started listening to them. I was really enjoying them, but then I lost all sound! I fiddled with the equaliser and then re-zeroed it so I was wondering if it was something like that? I tested everything including my interconnect, but here's what I have found:

The headphone output on the musiland is very quiet - much quieter than previous.
When it outputs to my stepdance I hear a lot of hissing but not much else.
Turning the sound up to maximum just gives a lot of static (using cheapie earphones cause I don't want to damage my headphones).
When I turn up the volume on my stepdance, my LED light dims to nothing when connected to the musiland (separate power sources), but when I turn it up when connected to my MP3 player, it stays on??

Any ideas? it's definitely something with the musiland, cause my amp works perfectly fine with other devices tested.

Thanks in advance

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #1,041 of 1,340
Hi,

Thanks for your help, I manage to get the USB port to work with the supplied driver 1.0.7, for the time being I use this driver.

I also manage to o/p music to the analog port using th eusb port, ni problem there.

I have no sound from the headphone, how do I get the sound from this headphone jack?

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #1,044 of 1,340
No one can help me with my issue? I think perhaps the DAC blew itself up. It doesn't work on my other computer either. That's not a good sign. It only lasted 3 weeks! Is it normal for it to make an audbile click sound when you change from headphone to line out mode?

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #1,045 of 1,340
Feb 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #1,046 of 1,340
Got my Musiland Monitor 02 US today. Took 22 days to get here, which felt like forever, but it was worth it because this thing sounds amazing out of the box. Got it hooked up via coax to my Onkyo TX-SR707 out to Sierra-1 reference monitors, and I am getting chills listening to my hi-res music collection this way.

Setup was simple, which is funny because i was very worried it would be a hassle after reading some posts here. (I'm running XP SP3.) I installed the 1.0.9.0 driver, restarted. Plugged in the MM02, which was immediately recognized. After a short series of pop ups and dialog boxes, it was done. I restarted again, and started playing some music through Winamp v5.601, using the Kernel Streaming v3.63 plug-in I found at http://www.stevemonks.com/ksplugin/.

This thing is incredible. If it gets even better with burn-in, I'm going to be in auditory nirvana.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #1,047 of 1,340
Mar 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #1,048 of 1,340
Someone has the Musiland Montior 02 on CL for $120, is that a good deal? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back