Musiland Monitor 02 US
Dec 2, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #976 of 1,340
I ran through the directions on how to update the firmware step by step, triple checking as I did each one. Musiland still has not sent an automated email with my license key. What version is the new firmware anyways?

EDIT: I got this 15 minutes later.

您的邮件已收到,请等待回复。

Your email has been received, please wait for reply.

I'm still sitting here with the 1.0.12.0 driver which doesn't work properly. Still waiting for the new firmware activation key... Rolled the driver back to a usable version in the meanwhile. It's like waiting in line for the DMV all over again.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #977 of 1,340
I have installed the new driver Ver. 1.0.12 on three computers, two of them are Win 7/64bit, the other one is Win/32bit. I first uninstalled the old driver, then installed the new one. The installation went smoothly.

Quote:
pretty conceivable that you need to update the firmware to use the new driver (was the case with md11)

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #978 of 1,340

Did you update your firmware?
Quote:
I have installed the new driver Ver. 1.0.12 on three computers, two of them are Win 7/64bit, the other one is Win/32bit. I first uninstalled the old driver, then installed the new one. The installation went smoothly.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #980 of 1,340
They install correctly, but do not work correctly.

Quote:
there is no need to update firmware if you can use the driver after version 1.0.9 with no problem.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #981 of 1,340
I finally got my registration key emailed. Took a day and a half.

I updated the firmware per instructions, but I don't see any new version number in the GUI menu. It's still 1.0.6.0. I guess I had the latest firmware for the MM02. So it turns out the new firmware and drivers weren't meant for the MM02; only for the MD11 and MD30. I only see tabs for MD11 and MD30. No tab for the MM02. Switching between the 2 still had the jittery sound cutting in and out. Going back to the 1.0.9.0 driver without a MMDI tab makes everything work again. Hope this clears up all the confusion about new firmware and drivers.

RECAP

1.0.9.0        and earlier applies to MM02US
1.0.10.0      and later applies the new MD11 and MD30 DACs and shows an extra [MMDI] tab. NOT compatible with MM02US.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #982 of 1,340
The new drivers require a firmware update which only let the software verifying the hardware is genuine or not. So it really means nothing to us.

MMDI tab is used for controlling MD11/MD30 DAC only, if you have them...

Musiland said the 1.0.12 driver was "add support for the new Monitor 01 MINI version; slove the playing stopped when insert or remove a USB device"
1.0.10 was "add MMDI tab; improve the DMA performance"
1.0.9 was "add MU BASS; improve the DMA performance; improve the compatibility of ASIO"

The admins of their forum said it doesn't mean the new driver was good for all users, every user could choose one of the driver which was best in your system.

In my system (intel p35+Core2 platform, win7 os), WASAPI out always has jittery sound cutting like you said. but ASIO is normal...
Finally I found the problem was the power plan of the os, I turned power plan to High performance, then the problem was resloved, anything was OK.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #984 of 1,340
I've found its driver could decode HDCD.
open file: C:\Program Files\MUSILAND\Monitor Series(USB)\config.ini  (in the folder "C:\Program Files\..." by default)
change "0" to "1", then save the file
exit Monitor series control panel in system tray
reopen Monitor series control panel in start menu
open it, you'll find there will be an HDCD icon at bottom right corner in the mixer tab of its control panel.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #985 of 1,340
This was discussed much further back in the thread. It's a nice feature. How many would actually use it though is my question?

Quote:
I've found its driver could decode HDCD.
open file: C:\Program Files\MUSILAND\Monitor Series(USB)\config.ini  (in the folder "C:\Program Files\..." by default)
change "0" to "1", then save the file
exit Monitor series control panel in system tray
reopen Monitor series control panel in start menu
open it, you'll find there will be an HDCD icon at bottom right corner in the mixer tab of its control panel.

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #988 of 1,340
So I've gone through this entire thread and a few people have asked but no one has answered these questions...

1) Do the RCA line outs on the front of the device bypass the integrated amp? In other words, is there anyway to use this device as ONLY a DAC.

2) For the ASIO volume bar in the control panel, what is the best setting for it? It seems like anything past 10 is extremely loud.

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #989 of 1,340
1) You are correct. They bypass the internal amp.

2) I have my ASIO volume set at the default 100% and control the master volume through the Windows sound control panel.

Quote:
So I've gone through this entire thread and a few people have asked but no one has answered these questions...

1) Do the RCA line outs on the front of the device bypass the integrated amp? In other words, is there anyway to use this device as ONLY a DAC.

2) For the ASIO volume bar in the control panel, what is the best setting for it? It seems like anything past 10 is extremely loud.

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #990 of 1,340
Thanks for the prompt reply! I just received my little dot mk4 and hooked it up to my musiland monitor, I use ASIO out on monkeymedia and have all the volume bars (analog, ASIO) maxed and control the volume through my amp...It's pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back