Musiland Monitor 02 US
Apr 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #586 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by okthxbye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know yianni, that's why I'm asking!

oh ha ha sorry. i dont have a problem with my volume, i have it at 100% using hfi 780's and these are low impedance 35 ohm

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #587 of 1,340
Quote:

This I meant
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and, can the high/low impedance headphone outputs also provide a solution for this problem? Like, if you connect low impedance headphones like the MS-1i/D2000 to the low impedance output, the master volume can be turned up further than 1%?

I assume so since there's a difference.
Quote:

Originally Posted by yianni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which jack is for low impedance headphones? and will it make a difference?

#2 is for low impedance.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #588 of 1,340
Quote:

Wait, what? Could you elaborate this? What volume is then set to 1% ? Not the Foobar volume? So it should work fine with the MS-1i's and/or Denon D2K's? Why did that French guy sell his 02 US then?

I think he overreacted, On the low impedance output, you can control the volume within the software easily. It is just the master volume control in windows that has to be set a 1-5% unless it is a bit loud if you stay at 100% in foobar2000.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #589 of 1,340
I've owned the Musiland 02 for about 1 month now, and running Window 7 64 bit, no problems what so ever ! I've yet to hear a pop, crackle etc. Just sweet sounds. Now as for the headphone output, it's not really enough to drive my HD650's, sure they still go loud but there is a warmth missing. A really nice setup I'm proud of is pairing my Musiland 02 with my Little Dot mk III; this combo makes my HD650's sing. A very happy owner.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #590 of 1,340
The 02 opens the door to all sorts of amp fun. Makes me want to try a tube amp for fun.

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #591 of 1,340
So what's the general consensus on this thing? Any good for a first timer in the audio-world? I was looking for a good DAC with a decent amp for my AD700s. (I needed the analog for my speakers too) This seems to fit the bill, but I'm hearing things about crackling sounds?

EDIT: Also, if I go with this unit, are there any suggestions for a new USB a/b cable? Or is stock fine?

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #592 of 1,340
It is a good first time buy. At worst you can use it as usb to optical converter later. Btw the popping noises could be found in some of the earlier drivers on wasapi or aiso, the new ones are fine (also the driver 1.0.3.2 is a good fall back if you ever encounter issues)

also check out the usb thingee from blue circle audio... for a competitor

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #593 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maytan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what's the general consensus on this thing? Any good for a first timer in the audio-world? I was looking for a good DAC with a decent amp for my AD700s. (I needed the analog for my speakers too) This seems to fit the bill, but I'm hearing things about crackling sounds?

EDIT: Also, if I go with this unit, are there any suggestions for a new USB a/b cable? Or is stock fine?

If you read through the thread, you'll see it's a good buy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by oggle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a good first time buy. At worst you can use it as usb to optical converter later. Btw the popping noises could be found in some of the earlier drivers on wasapi or aiso, the new ones are fine (also the driver 1.0.3.2 is a good fall back if you ever encounter issues)

also check out the usb thingee from blue circle audio... for a competitor

Use the newest 1.0.8.4 driver. It's problem free and allows for Precision Mode.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #595 of 1,340
Alright, thanks!

@fenix
Yeah, I read through the thread but I still couldn't make up my mind.

I think I'll pick it up later. Since I'll be using AD700s for quite awhile, I think I'll hold out on an amp until I upgrade my cans. The 02's amp should be good enough. (I've heard a bit of amperage can give the AD700s a tad more bass.)

As for USB a/b, I guess I'll stick with stock.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #596 of 1,340
I think this DAC/Amp is one of the best quality/price you will ever see. Every days since I've bought it I enjoy.

Maybe the only thing that could be improve without increasing the price, could be a separated power supply in order to put the MM02US on battery. Could be usefull for laptops.

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #597 of 1,340
Going to cut the two pin plug off and put a three prong UK one on instead. Is there any problem with the fuse in the plug being 13A and I guess the Musiland cables will be blue & brown for live & neutral (just want to make fully sure before plugging it back in).

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #598 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPC_Skeeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this DAC/Amp is one of the best quality/price you will ever see. Every days since I've bought it I enjoy.

Maybe the only thing that could be improve without increasing the price, could be a separated power supply in order to put the MM02US on battery. Could be usefull for laptops.

I thought you could run it off usb power alone. I know you can, I just haven't tried it.

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #599 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you could run it off usb power alone. I know you can, I just haven't tried it.

I didn't know that. So it can be used as a portable dac on the go with a laptop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back