Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Mar 18, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #796 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by denydog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you might be.

BTW- I didn't mind the other poster referring to the Musiland forum as an idiot forum when he couldn't figure it out, but I thought the "Chinese idiot" reference wasn't really necessary.

"Idiot" was referred to the forum: a forum that does not allow to copy paste password when password is provided only in chinese is idiot. Chinese or american, european or whatever.

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #797 of 905
Musiland 01 usd, recently bought it, and I have a lil question I hope someone can help me with.
With wasapi, how do I set it to run in exclusive mode?

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #798 of 905
Will it work as a dac/amp combo? As I am only new to these hifi stuffs, I am looking for a easy and simple setup (computer - dac/amp combo - headphone). Will Monitor 01 or 02 serve my needs?

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #799 of 905
Musiland Monitor 01 USD can only read data from your computer. You need a DAC to work together Musiland Monitor 01 USD. There is no place on it to plug a headphone.

Yes, Monitor 01 or 02 can serve your needs for an easy and simple set up. Monitor 01 might be simpler because it gets data and power through an USB cable while Monitor 02 uses a USB cable to read data but needs be to be plug in wall for an external power. However, Monitor 02 sounds a little better.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #801 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by miyinan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I never known that Monitor 02 need external power supply. So yes, Monitor 01 seems simpler!

To clarify, 02US has a built-in power supply unit. 01US/USD can be powered by the USB port on your PC.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #802 of 905
Thanks Coolfungadget,

I was actually looking at many of your products on ebay. Trying to decide among this Monitor 02, Zero and Aune Mk2. I believe that you are selling all of them. Definitely gonna buy one from you very soon, just can't decide which one. They don;t have much difference in price and all have very good feekback from this forum. Do you have any suggestion? The only thing I worried about for the Monitor 02 is the drive problem. It seems that a lot people here had trouble to get it work properly, especially with foobar2000 and vista (although they pretty much all ended up working
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #804 of 905
...at least in Foobar and JRiver. I have not fully tested in Media Player or MC but it does seem to be the case as well. WASAPI, sent to my 02 or 01 via Foobar is really good. Perhaps, tweaked, it is as good as ASIO, though the latter keeps being my choice for now. I do have to spend more time comparing them.

cPlay does not report WASAPI as available. Not that many people know of cPlay but it is worth trying. Clunky (but stable) interface and terrific sound; both the 01 & 02 are good enough to show this.

This is all with Win7 pro.

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #805 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ektalog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...at least in Foobar and JRiver. I have not fully tested in Media Player or MC but it does seem to be the case as well. WASAPI, sent to my 02 or 01 via Foobar is really good. Perhaps, tweaked, it is as good as ASIO, though the latter keeps being my choice for now. I do have to spend more time comparing them.

cPlay does not report WASAPI as available. Not that many people know of cPlay but it is worth trying. Clunky (but stable) interface and terrific sound; both the 01 & 02 are good enough to show this.

This is all with Win7 pro.

Thanks for the help Ektalog. I run a very similar player setup to you. Although, ASIO and KS don't work with Foobar2000 on my computer for some reason from the onboard coax digital out. Is ASIO that much better than WASAPI? Aren't they both meant to be bit-perfect? (Or close to it, *don't flame me*)

I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #806 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkeny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll post the translation here - I don't see any problem in doing this:

1, Monitor 01 MINI do NOT require the firmware update to use the new driver(and/or all future driver updates), other products might need that, pay attention to step 4.
2, protect your license and serial, since they can be used only once, if somebody used it, you will lose your privilege to use new drivers.
3, follow the step-by-step guide to avoid unnecessary problems.
4, once the firmware's been upgraded, it will suite all future driver updates, no need to upgrade the firmware again.
5, if you do not upgrade the firmware, you can't use the new driver and/or all future driver updates, including the 'digital CD' driver(a special driver optimized specifically for 16bit/44.1khz).
6, the firmware upgrade program only runs on 32 bit OS, while the driver is suitable for both 32/64 bit.

so does this mean i cannot get the driver upgrade to work on my vista 64 bit OS?
bummer,
anyone have 64 bit and the musiland o1

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #807 of 905
Whoa,
That's a post of mine from way back - there may well be more up-to-date information than this. This was a translation taken from the Musiland site when the big firmware changeover was taking place!

May 2, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #809 of 905
New beta driver 1.0.8.6 for Musiland USD1 dated 2 May here : Index of /downloads/drivers/beta

Quite big. 19mb compared to the 3mb 1.0.8.4.

New Controlpanel:
attachment.php

Just started listening with them now and they work fine in win 7 64 bit so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back