Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Sep 25, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #347 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by glt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm OK with encryption. As the note indicates there maybe people copying the hardware and reusing the musiland driver. Since they don't make money on the software, all the profits are from the hardware devices. That is a fair approach as they are protecting their investment in developing the software. It also seems from the note that they are developing a "digital turntable" which I think is a memory player? (is that right jkenny?) and maybe it won't be able to communicate to the musiland device without the firmware upgrade.

It is good to see chinese products protect their IP (this in turn will educate people in respecting others IP). I think it is progress in the right direction.

I disagree. I'm very strongly against DRM in all forms, and even more so on hardware drivers, as it makes developing open drivers more difficult. Just my personal feelings about it though.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #348 of 905
Ok I did that mailing and received my License.key. Wrote it to EEPROM with MlCyMonProg.exe, restarted/uninstalled/reinstalled etc and it still says invalid license. What now?

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #349 of 905
I followed the instructions posted here and it all works OK with the driver BUT ASIO output from MediaMonkey is completely borked - no sound at all. Waveoutput from MediaMonkey works as does sound from VLC

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #350 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not exactly. It's a special version of driver for the Monitor series that fixes the sampling rate at 44.1 only but with a very high clock accuracy and very low jitters. They are plan to sell this driver to whoever needs it instead of releasing it free.

I won't be very happy to pay to fix a designed in problem (I suppose the sample rate error is considered acceptable), but I'll wait to see the cost.
Quote:

Hey guys, I will spend some time to try the new driver and firmware on Monitor 01 US/USD and 02 US. Then, I will post a more comprehensive howto here.

I'll be waiting. Thanks

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #352 of 905
I managed to upgrade my USD successfully. The new interface has more info than the previous one. Here is the process:

1. Disconnect Monitor from system
2. Uninstall your old driver
3. Install 1.0.5
4. Restart
5. Reconnect your USD/US
6. You will get Invalid License. Download the
http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads...MlCyMonAct.zip
7. Unpack to a directory, said MICyMonAct
8. Run MlCyMonUser.exe
9. Send email to activate@musiland.com.cn, attaching License.dat from step 8 plus your Model number and Serial number
10. You will get license.key in return, place it in MICyMonAct
11. Run MlCyMonProg.exe
12. Restart and should be fine from there

Good luck.

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #353 of 905
Sep 25, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #354 of 905
Thanks - ignore the message I sent you via ebay ! (ebay id dmsims)

Quote:

Musiland has re-released the new driver. Reinstalling the driver (if you have already updated the firmware) will resolve the ASIO issue.

Monitor 01 US/USD/02US/MINI 1.0.5.0版本驱动ã€å›ºä»¶ï¼ˆæ*£å¼ç‰ˆï¼‰ - 外置USBå£°å¡ (USB Sound Devices) - ä¹ä¹‹é‚¦å®¢æˆ·è®ºå› MUSILAND Forums - Powered by Discuz!

English is available there.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #357 of 905
Quote:

Is the new release working now?

Yes thank you

They might want to include instructions as well in future

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #358 of 905
Quote:

Musiland has re-released the new driver. Reinstalling the driver (if you have already updated the firmware) will resolve the ASIO issue.

Monitor 01 US/USD/02US/MINI 1.0.5.0版本驱动ã€å›ºä»¶ï¼ˆæ*£å¼ç‰ˆï¼‰ - 外置USBå£°å¡ (USB Sound Devices) - ä¹ä¹‹é‚¦å®¢æˆ·è®ºå› MUSILAND Forums - Powered by Discuz!

English is available there.

That fixed ASIO problem I had before.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #359 of 905
Quote:

Is the new release working now?

Yes, in my setup all seems work well and ok with foobar and asio, now I don't are sure but to me the driver seems to make an improvement on sound quality.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #360 of 905
How do you register to that official forums? It asks a security question in Chinese and then a CAPTCHA. I can write the correct information from the pic but I don't understand the security question.

UPDATE: Tried again and now the security questions answer was Musiland so I could join
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back