Musiland MD10 playing 24/96Khz music
Nov 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

fstorm

New Head-Fier
I have a Musiland MD10.

The DAC is supposed to handle 192Khz, 24bit signals, but I'm not sure if this is restricted to the spdif inputs, as whatever I try to play from PC-> Foobar2000 -> USB-> MD10 -> AKG701 is displayed as USB PCM 44.1Khz, even with material encoded as 24bit 96Khz.

I have Nirvana's Unplugged in New York CD, encoded as FLAC and a 24/96 vinyl version. The vinyl FLACed version sounds much better.

So am I getting the works or a truncated approximation because foobar isn't passing the full signal or the MD10 isn't decoding the signal ?

Do I need one of those USB->SPDIF converters? Like the Musiland 01 USD or 02?

Cheers

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 7
HeatFan12,

Thanks for the info. I got a md10 too and I am thiking about whether to buy a musiland 02 usd. Which way you think is better?

1. pc --> Musiland 01USD --> md10
2. pc --> md10

I bet the first one, right? :)

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi Heat12,
thanks for your welcome and reply.

I was afraid you would say that - more gadgets to buy then
darthsmile.gif

Now I need to decide if I go for the one with the DAC and head phone output US or USD or may be even the 02 version.

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearbb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeatFan12,

Thanks for the info. I got a md10 too and I am thiking about whether to buy a musiland 02 usd. Which way you think is better?

1. pc --> Musiland 01USD --> md10
2. pc --> md10

I bet the first one, right? :)

You are welcome bearbb

Well, I don't know about the 02 USD since I have never heard it, but the 01 USD is a solid choice and I have been very happy with it since I threw it in my chain.

Yes, #1 would be my choice. I was never fond of the MD10's usb input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fstorm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Heat12,
thanks for your welcome and reply.

I was afraid you would say that - more gadgets to buy then
darthsmile.gif

Now I need to decide if I go for the one with the DAC and head phone output US or USD or may be even the 02 version.

You are welcome fstorm

Yes, but gadgets are fun..
biggrin.gif

I like the MD10 as a DAC, just not the usb input so much. I also don't use the headphone out of the MD10 either. Just straight DAC for me. I like Musiland products and I do believe you can't go wrong with either of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back