musical signature combo thread-- let music sound musical to your ears again
May 30, 2015 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
i got tired of hearing words like transparent, neutral, natural etc

what i want is musical sound signature that are forgiving and enjoyable to the ears

i owned the chord hugo and now ifi micro dsd, by all means the are good products but i experienced issues with both, as these in my books are bright and lack in low end

now i was wondering why not make a thread that is for musical enjoyable setups

also i gave up on my audeze lcd2 rev2 to my ears it also was not musical and bad recordings really sound bad on audeze

so now i am using one setup that works wonders and is extremely enjoyable

fiio x3 2nd gen---- digizoid fs---- shure 846 this in my books is the best to my ears i experienced

now i need to find a new setup for full size headphones setup that is also musical

how about you all tell us which are your preferred setups that are musical and enjoyable with good, great and decent recordings

May 31, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 5
I found the Denon woodies gelled amazingly well with the Cayin N6. New found musicality brought out listening pleasure

of most of the music I played which was almost all mp3 (320kb). 

So my first highly recommended combo: Denon D5000 and Cayin N6

Pros: Musical Satisfaction and Highly Forgiving

Cons: Nothing to complain about!

May 31, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #4 of 5
  What on earth does 'musical' mean?

well it seems here on head-fi they mean by it forgiving and engaging, and does not present flaws of music very much, and also somewhat it colors sounds in a pleasing way, which to some true audiophiles is not considered a welcome

so since not everyone likes to hear flaws in music and have them magnified, and instead be able to enjoy music despite recording quality with some coloration

May 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 5
  I found the Denon woodies gelled amazingly well with the Cayin N6. New found musicality brought out listening pleasure

of most of the music I played which was almost all mp3 (320kb). 

So my first highly recommended combo: Denon D5000 and Cayin N6

Pros: Musical Satisfaction and Highly Forgiving

Cons: Nothing to complain about!

interesting it seems cayin n6 is a nice player this is the second time i read that critical iems might benefit from warmth and musicality of cayin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back