Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews?
Dec 11, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #856 of 964
Hi
Looking for advice- my brother in Uk took delivery of his MP DAC on friday, after setting up and switching on, crackling noise from right speaker.
Tried RCA and XLR, both the same, swapped rectifier as i has sent him one of my spare ones, still same, changed 2 x tubes to E88C that i had sent him and run as RCA, still the same, changed coax, still same, any thoughts anyone

sean

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #863 of 964
My 6DJ8 to 6SN7 sockets just arrived, now I'm just waiting on my 6N8S tubes to arrive from Russia and I'll let you guys know what I think...

Thetubeguy1954
I told you all that my 6DJ8 to 6SN7 sockets just arrived on 12/17/21 and my 6N8S tubes arrived from Russia on 12/20/21, but unfortunately, I've come down with a very bad case of bronchitis. I went to the doctor last Friday but wasn't getting any better even after taking the prednisone and antibiotics he prescribed for the last 5 days. So I called his office and he called in even stronger antibiotics that I started taking today. I said all that to let you know:

1) why I didn't install the tubes yet.
2) if I'm feeling better by this weekend I'll install the tubes then!

Once I do I'll let you know what I think about the sound. Oh yes, one last thing Merry Christmas to you all if I'm not back here posting by then... Thetubeguy1954

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #866 of 964
To everyone here who reads this, I wish to extend a sincere Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! This goes out especially for those, who like me, will spend yet another Christmas alone --{in my case as my wife visits family for a month in Colombia}-- listening to music, and watching TV. I'll be 68 next month and Christmas gets lonelier every passing year. Still, that being said, I do wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year this coming 2022... Thetubeguy1954

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #868 of 964
Merry Christmas Tubeguy! Im sure your favourite artists you plan on listening will do a good company for the time being :beyersmile:
Isantista, you are correct! Since I wrote my original post at 10:30 this morning. Daria, Vanessa Fernandez, Halie Loren, Keiko Matsui, Sade, Jackie Allen, and others kept me in GREAT company! It's truly amazing how much music can do to fill one's soul and spirit with peace and contentment. My Brazilian friend, Sinceramente espero que você tenha um muito, Feliz Natal!!!

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #870 of 964
petersch over at Canuckaudiomart forum has all of the modules. You could go there and ask him. The AK4499 are not available for now so you should hang on to them.
The ESS9038pro chips are said to be more analytical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back