Musical Fidelity V90-DAC - New 32-bit DAC with USB, optical and coax
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 25
MF makes more expensive lines too, that have much more costly enclosures. I still give them great credit for going the inexpensive route as they have realized that most people have less funds to spend on audio equipment. We benefit and so do they...works for me. And, their equipment generally is very good to superb.

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #18 of 25
I know it's an old thread, but I thought it's the best to add my impressions.
I bought the V90-DAC about 10 days ago and I have two observations: Sound-quality-wise, I can confirm the impressions of some reviews - it's not particularly exciting but certainly decent. I had the opportunity to compare it against an ESI Dr. DAC prime and something is missing for me - perhaps the best way to describe it is that it's a little restrained. The more obvious problem for me is the absolutely disgraceful little power supply unit which is happily "hissing" away - completely unacceptable for a piece of equipment that costs 250€ in my opinion. I can still send it back - and might do so just because of the PSU. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 25
I consider buying this DAC, reviews are pretty good and it's connectivity allows two optical inputs.

However, even after a quick search on the internet, I did not exactly understand how does the USB input work ?

I consider connecting my NAS (Synology DS214SE) to the DAC, which is supposed to allows USB connections with compatible USB speakers.

Did someone experience such a connection ? Are both USB ports (NAS's and DAC's) designed for such a purpose ?

Thanks and have a great week-end !

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #21 of 25
Recently I pay attention to V90-DAC, which has so nice appearance.
However I would like to know, what differences between two USB-DAC, MF V90 and Cambridge DacMagic 100?
Or in other word, which DAC was recommend if I would like to buy?
Please forgive my bad English, thanks a lot -:)

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #23 of 25
Not sure if there is a more recent thread regarding this component, but is there any insight into how this compares to the V-DAC II?

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #24 of 25
  MF also released 2 M1 DACs. One regular edition called M1 DAC and the other with the designation M1-A DAC.
Wonder what is the diff...?

I think the newer M1 DAC-A has Asynchronous USB.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/musical-fidelity-m1-dac-new-one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back