Musical Dac without amplifier to pair up with k701+canamp combo
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Meluq

New Head-Fier
the reason i dont want amplifier in the dac is only because i already have an awesome amp(Heed Canamp), feels like im wasting half of the money on to something i will never use. So i am looking for a tube-like sounding dac my budget is around 300$. i have been looking at the DacMagic and couldnt find any other alternative , thanks for your input 

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Patience.  What do you mean by a "tube-like sounding DAC"?  Also, for $300 I think you can do better by going for a vintage DAC on the used market.  I am not a fan of the dacmagic.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #4 of 4
actually i have noticed it now that the musical dac term i saw was on a dac+amp bundle. I'm trying to get my equipment more musical, recordings of what i listen is far from perfection and the fact that i can foot-tap with the sound coming from laptop speakers makes me think i need the opposite of natural.
i am living in Turkey the chances finding vintage equipment here is pretty low but still worths a try i guess, do you have any experience with a dac within my budget ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back