Music you listen to to relax.
Mar 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

drgnfrc13

100+ Head-Fier
I started compiling a playlist of all the music I listen to when I just want to relax, and I found it kind of interesting picking out the songs that fit that specific mood for me, so I wanted to see what other people like to relax to while enjoying their high-end audio setups. It can be certain songs, albums, parts of albums, artists; whatever you like and find relaxing. Here's some of my list:

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
-Empire Ants
-On Melancholy Hill
-Broken
-Plastic Beach
-To Binge
-Cloud of Unknowing

Gorillaz - Gorillaz
-New Genius
-Man Research
-Sound Check (Gravity)
-Starshine
-Slow Country
-Dracula

Gorillaz - Demon Days
-El Mañana
-Every Planet We Reach is Dead
-Don't Get Lost in Heaven
-Demon Days

Pink Floyd
-Dark Side of the Moon (skipping "Money")
-The Wall

Dream Theater - Octavarium
-Sacrificed Sons

Santana - Supernatural (skipping "Love of My Life," "Smooth," and "Corazon Espinado," just because I dislike these three songs)

Solo piano by artists like Yiruma, Rob Costlow, and several others.

Motley Crue - Bittersuite

Apacalyptica - Bittersweet

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony (lots of good songs with some variation of "bitter-sweet" in the name lol)

Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 10
Great idea for a thread.

Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Interloper

Simply amazing psyambient trance. Everything CBL does is great, but those two albums are their pinnacle, I think. I listen to this when I read since there's minimal vocals and it's easy on the ears, but it's by no means boring.

Hammock. Every single album of theirs is worth listening to, though I particularly like Raising Your Voice...Trying to Stop an Echo and Maybe They Will Sing for Us Tomorrow. Hammock is like minimalistic Explosions in the Sky played in slow motion. Hammock are about the softest artist that I would consider post-rock.

The American Dollar - Ambient One, and Ambient Two. Not really sure how to describe The American Dollar, except as a much more subdued and creative God is an Astronaut. Their other ablums are a little heavier, but not by a lot. All of them are worth listening to.

Kings of Convenience - Riot on an Empty Street and Quiet is the New Loud. Two amazing albums primarily played on acoustic guitar. Very Simon & Garfunkle-ish in style. Back when I worked a first shift job I would pop in one of these albums in my car while on lunch break and I'd promptly fall asleep. Best naps ever.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 10
Either the album 'Ocean Songs' by Dirty Three, 'Let Yourself Be Huge' by Cloudkicker, or Icaro's self-titled EP
happy_face1.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 10
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Beck - Sea Change
Bob Marley - Legend
Radiohead - Kid A
Radiohead - OK Computer

Anything by:
Sade
Jack Johnson
John Mayer
Ben Harper

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 10
I Love Yoga (set of 3 cd's)

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #10 of 10
Shpongle
Four Tet
Burial
Phaeleh
Deadmau5: HR 8398 Cephei, Faxing Berlin, Strobe, Waking up from the American Dream, Arguru, Unspecial Effects, Slip, Brazil, I Remember
Above & Beyond: Good for Me, On a Good Day, Sun in your Eyes, Prelude
Nickle Creek
Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Gorillaz
Modest Mouse: The Moon and Antarctica
Royksopp
Aphex Twin: Flim
Kid Cudi
Lupe Fiasco
Ratatat
Kaskade: Seeing Julie, All that you Give, Empty Streets, 4am, I Remember
Daft Punk: Voyager, Veridis Quo, Too Long, Da Funk, Daftendirekt, Around the World, Something About Us, Nightvision, Digital Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back