Music you listen to at work to change your mood
Jul 31, 2010 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi there.  I work in a quiet office environment, and I sit there doing my work most of the day.  It does get very boring and sometimes I get very anxious(because its so darn quiet, creeping me out) and need some music to calm my nerves and uplift my moods.  I was just curious what music people listen to at work to relax them or uplift their moods.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 14
I usually put on some uplifting electronic music, to get my foot tamping. That usually help if they day is otherwise a bit hard.
bigsmile_face.gif

Example "My Mind Is With You" - Aly & Fila with Denise Riviera

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 14
In Flames and Megadeth usually do the trick.  Occasionally I'll play some rap/hip-hop, like P.O.S. or Techn9ne.  I have to be careful though, sometimes I get carried away and start singing and making noise..
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #9 of 14
Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
I only have the power to change how I feel.

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 14
I listen to mostly older Punk Rock, now if I need something to get me all amped up I listen to bands like "The Exploited", "Blood for Blood", "Antidote".  If I just want to be happy and relax while staying awake I listen to "Flogging Molly", "Dropkick Murphys", "William Elliott Whitmore" (bluegrass singer really popular on the Irish punk scene), "The Pogues", "Guttermouth", "The Vandals" etc......

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #12 of 14
Yes, music at work changes my mood. I start off the day relaxed and in good spirits. Then I hear the BS we're forced to listen to over the speakers. The same s*** songs every day for years. I'm instantly forced into a world of anger and subsequent repression, as I understand I have seven hours and 59 minutes to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back