Music you are ashamed to love.
Aug 12, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #31 of 89
I really like Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album. My friends tease me mercilessly about it. I really don't care. I think it's funny.

See ya
Steve

Aug 12, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #32 of 89
The title song from Music and Lyrics is really good. A ridiculously good film as well

YouTube - Music And Lyrics, "Way Back Into Love" Demo Version

Oh sorry, the title says "ashamed"! Ignore me then
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #34 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album. My friends tease me mercilessly about it. I really don't care. I think it's funny.

Snoop has recorded an awful lot of terrible stuff, but for sheer "flow" his vocals are no laughing matter. I've often marveled at how natural and almost nonchalant his voice is.

Aug 12, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #35 of 89
I consider his rapping to be a natural extension of jazz scatting. He's best when he has lots of funk stuff going on behind the vocals. I have a bunch of his CDs and I'm still hoping he'll do something like Doggystyle again.

See ya
Steve

Aug 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #36 of 89
I actually thought this thread did not pertain to me. Then... I was at the mall following my good little consumer around (that'd be my wife) when I heard a song. I started singing along and it hit me, holy-frick I LOVE Natalie Imbruglia. There you have it.

William

Aug 13, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #38 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a big fan of the "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack. It somehow turned up on one of the computers at my work as a joke, and now it plays a few times a week. I find myself singing the songs in my head when i go home. I cant wait to see the reaction on my girlfriends face when we see the movie together and i know all the words to every song...

Boy, you really hit the nail on the head. It was embarrassing when I saw bits of the movie, (which was terribly sappy) because I've heard most of the songs on the radio (the movie was before my time.) Now when I hear "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" on the radio, I have to change the station...

Aug 15, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #40 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Que Sera Sera" Doris Day ...... She's HOT!!!!!

Love Doris. Childhood crush on her.

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #42 of 89
My favourite song in the world is "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.

I bought my wife the most recent Back Street Boys album and...liked it.

Otherwise I don't think there is anything truly devastating in my collection, nothing that I wouldn't be proud of (well, okay, there are those few Glass Tiger albums that get a spin every few months
wink.gif
)

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #43 of 89
I love singing to The Wiggles with my daughters. Saw them in concert and it was so cool.

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #44 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palantiri7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no idea that "que Sera Sera" was sung by Doris Day! I am still waiting for someone to admit to liking "Vanilla Ice"......

"Stop, collaborate and listen."

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #45 of 89
Billy Idol.
I thought he was such a joke for years and never gave him a chance because of his image and that ridiculous sneer.
Once I gave it a real listen I ended up getting everything.
He has a great voice and the tunes rock pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back