Music with stomping/militaristic beat?
Sep 6, 2008 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

RubberDuk

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not really looking for WWII (or other era) marches, but something heavier with (even vaguely)military-like beat or atmosphere, marching feet or the like. Don't take this too literally though, I'm generally a fan of metal, industrial, EBM and the like(among other things). Or just surprise me!
wink.gif

A few examples:
Laibach - Tanz mit Laibach
Rammstain - Links 2 3 4
Covenant - Like Tears in Rain
Red Alert - Hell March

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 22
Well it's kind of a Japanese dance song but Hide & Seek by Namie Amuro has that. It's not cutesy pop or whatever but it's also far from your taste. Just a random suggestion in case you felt like experimenting.

Sep 6, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's kind of a Japanese dance song but Hide & Seek by Namie Amuro has that. It's not cutesy pop or whatever but it's also far from your taste. Just a random suggestion in case you felt like experimenting.

Random is good, I'll try anything once
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestion! It didn't really become an instant favorite but I did give it a try
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #6 of 22
The Stars and Stripes Forever March
Colonel Bogey's March
On the Mall
Under the Double Eagle

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 22
The dark ambient group Desiderii Marginis has a very militaristic theme to their music. The track "Scintillate II" from their album Songs Over Ruins is great stuff.

@Jude: I love that album. <3

Edit: I also recommend the soundtrack from the mecha turn-based strategy game Front Mission 3. It's a great blend of what I'd call "military techno" with some creepy dark ambient.

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 22
It just so happens that I love this kind of music, so I hope I can help you out a little bit.

Check out:

A Challenge of Honour - Trilogy (this has rather slower militaristic beats with different samples from military movies)
A Challenge of Honour - Wilhelm Gustloff (again somewhat slow, but has a military feel)
Across the Rubicon - Elegy Myspace If you can find their stuff, it is excellent and pretty much perfect for what you're looking for, specifically the song "Shadows and Dust"
Arditi - Marching on to Victory Similar to A Challenge of Honour, this album is very militarily inspired.
L'effet C'est Moi - Tomber en Heros This album is all about the roman empire, very heavy, rhythmic drums inspired by empire building and such. Sort of cheesy with the use of keyboards. Myspace
March of Heroes - March for Glory Probably the most perfect album for what you're looking for (I mean look at the title and the band name
biggrin.gif
), but its almost impossible to find in legitimate physical form. Myspace
Triarii - Ars Militaria, Imperivm, Piece Heroique, or Triumph Myspace The song on there is a collaboration with Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio (actually one of my favorite Triarii songs). Their normal stuff has no lyrics or speech, just the occasional sample.

If you're into the same sort of beats with lyrics and such, give Von Thronstahl and Puissance a try as well. The people in those bands are involved with a lot of these other projects.

Hope these help a bit.

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberDuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Random is good, I'll try anything once
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestion! It didn't really become an instant favorite but I did give it a try
tongue.gif

No prob and kudos for the open mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #15 of 22
"Rooster" by Alice in Chains, it's actually about the Vietnam war and it has a very military feel to it IMO.

"Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum" by A Perfect Circle has kind of a marching rhythm to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back