Music When You're Tired.
Jan 2, 2011 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vikingatheart

500+ Head-Fier
Is it just me or is music better when you're tired? It feels more powerful and meaningful to me when its late at nights, and I'm tired and spaced out. Anyone else or am I alone on this?

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 7
I do a lot of late night listening (2 or 3 a.m.) and I have to agree sometimes it does seem to sound better.  I think it's because when your tired and just sitting there listening to music, your less distracted by other things and your brain and ears are just concentrating on the music

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Thats what I was thinking. I wonder what happens physically to your hearing when your tired though?!

The music to me sounds very airy and trancy, no matter what style of music I am listening to. Odd.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 7
I agree check this out.. 

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking. I wonder what happens physically to your hearing when your tired though?!

The music to me sounds very airy and trancy, no matter what style of music I am listening to. Odd.

when you're tired, your attention and concentration is less focused and you're simply less active, less reactive to 'stimuli'.
Also, you relax more easily, less need for 'controlling your environment' (as in actively doing things f.e.) and more in the mood for simply let things happen to you.

To put it simple, you don't want to do anything else, are glad to lie/sit there and not being distracted by other things to do or thoughts. It also helps to feel that body, the musles, to have it in a resting state finally after a long day.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Quote:

when you're tired, your attention and concentration is less focused and you're simply less active, less reactive to 'stimuli'.
Also, you relax more easily, less need for 'controlling your environment' (as in actively doing things f.e.) and more in the mood for simply let things happen to you.

To put it simple, you don't want to do anything else, are glad to lie/sit there and not being distracted by other things to do or thoughts. It also helps to feel that body, the musles, to have it in a resting state finally after a long day.

Well said.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I agree check this out.. 

I love 28 days later, but this music simply weirds me out. I can see how if I was listening to that at night, however, it may be very interesting and intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back