Music to study/work to?
Mar 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #31 of 45
+1 Jazz.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #32 of 45
this sucks...gotta write a 5 pg paper. due tommorow, but its the first day back from spring break...holy crap is it hard to get focused right now. i'm sure i'll be waiting until around 12 or 1 to even start..damn procrastination

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this sucks...gotta write a 5 pg paper. due tommorow, but its the first day back from spring break...holy crap is it hard to get focused right now. i'm sure i'll be waiting until around 12 or 1 to even start..damn procrastination

Try some 'classical' or 'anything non-vocal'
icon10.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Theres been research showing that classical improves studying more often then rock music.

Mozart effect, Bach effect... I personally find the Bach/Fugue effect more effective in studying. A quiet organ piece, a warm harpsichord piece, Brandenburgs on a warm sounding speaker, anything would do to get the effect.

The harpsichord is like the symbol of academia. Everytime there is a scene that involves college/university in an animated sitcom, there's always a harpsichord accompaniment to the theme.

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #38 of 45
I like classical, along with instrumentals for studying, im not sure what category to place it in but I enjoy listening to Enya also.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #41 of 45
I voted "dance" by which I mean electronica/techno/house/etc. I feel that it get my mind racing! If I am reading/grading something then I sometimes listen to classical.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #42 of 45
Another vote for downtempo electronica (Kruder & Dorfmeister, Thievery Corporation, and the like). And, if vocals don't bother you, Cowboy Junkies, which I've been studying/working to for half my life.

Apr 9, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #44 of 45
i prefer classical music but personally i can listen to anything while im working and not have any prob. listen to it and then when i need to think i can just tune it right out. or other things lol

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #45 of 45
Circa Survive.

All you have to do is turn them on and you'll get lost in whatever you're doing, be it homework, chores around the house, or anything you have to focus on.

They just have this mellow, calming power in their music.

It's basically a drug for the musically inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back