Music to Show off the HM-601
Mar 25, 2011 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kryten123

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Well my HM-601 should be with me today and after reading all the reviews I can't wait. I am little concerned a to how it will sound with my ACS T1 IEMs, as the 601 is described as warm and I guess my T1s could be described similarly(well by a nooby audiophile anyway). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what other IEMs would work well with the 601? I have been considering adding to my IEM collection for a while and this might the excuse I need to think about some JH IEMs??

Anyway, main reason for my thread.
I know once I take the 601 into the office, there will be lots of questions and comments about my "antiquated" music player, that doesnt even play video, or surf the net...or make coffee etc...

So, I was thinking of having a few tracks ready for people to listen to, tracks that will really show off what a high end player can sound like....some music to blow their minds!

So, can anyone recommend any specific music tracks that I can load up , to try and convert the non audiophiles at work.

However, most of these guys havent invested much on their "buds" and so that will be a limiting factor....unless I loan out my SE530s too
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't have the 601 but here is my benchmark music that I use everyday.

Use only FLAC, please try some, compare it with your home rig and let me know what do you think.
1. Tal Wilkenfeld, Transformation
    She is an amazing bass player, the compositions are great and more importantly you can really hear the difference on her bass coming from the normal ipod and from a good player like hm601.
2. Esperanza Spalding, Esperanza
    Recently famous because of winning Grammy against the crappy bieber (duhhh). This is her 2nd album. Track number 1,2,3 should show your amp capability on handling such low notes. It goes deeeeep.
3. Jeff Beck, Live at Ronnie Scott's
    Amazing guitar player backed up with amazing musicians. The whole album is a journey of his musics. The guitar shines, the bass is really dynamic, the drum solo (drummer of frank zappa) is awesome.
4. Greg Howe, Sound Proof
    One of the best fusion guitarist in the world. His latest album shows how good he is in composing and ripping the guitar. Listen to morning view then you will know what I mean.
5. Chris Botti, in Boston
    He gains his popularity by playing with Sting. In this live album a good dac and amp will show you the accuracy of each instruments. It feels like you are actually inside the boston symphony hall.

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks JazzyFi, my taste in music is quite diverse, but I dont know a great deal about Jazz.
I I'll check these all out on Youtube and decide on what to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back