Music that pushes your headphones/speakers to the limit.
Dec 3, 2011 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

slaw slaw

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently bought an album (vinyl) and I found that alot of the songs had a massive sound stage.  Are there other songs that push your gear to its limits?

heres one of the songs from the album, obviously its better in lossless but even on youtube, its still really good.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 6
For some reason when I listen to Orbital - Lush 3, I notice issues from my onboard sound, little staggers and buffers that I only notice with that song. No clue why, but it's annoying.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 6
Try this one.
Sheffield Lab, Drum & Track Disc, 24-bit XRCD, tracks 1 & 2, Drum Improvisation. Check how good your hp can reproduce percussions. The kick drums are amazing.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Another Sheffield Lab recording in LP that caused my Apogee Scintilla ribbon speaker's mid-range ribbons to twist is 'The Missing Linc', 'Lincoln Mayorga & Distinguished Colleagues', the second number 'Limehouse Blues'. Towards the end of that instrumental, there's a couple of big drum whacks. The vinyl is much better than the CD. Me and my fellow audio buddy used to play that cut loud just to check how loud our speakers can reproduce them.

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Personally, symphonic power metal.  
I was blown away by the latest Nightwish single "Storytime" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back