Music that makes you cry?
Aug 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #31 of 241
Was listening to Eva Cassidy's Live at Blues Alley today... About half of that album makes me cry, but especially Fields of Gold, Autumn Leaves, and What a Wonderful World. Amazing singer, amazing album.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #32 of 241
Good call on Eva Cassidy.

To which I'll add:

Bonnie Raitt's version of Dimming of the Day

Holly Cole's version of River (and Dear Dark Heart)

Aimee Mann's Save Me (and quite a few more of hers)

Johnny Cash's version of Hurt

Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah (actually, most versions this Leonard Cohen classic)

Bob Dylan's Not Dark Yet

Fairground Attraction's Moon on the Rain

Emmylou Harris' Bang the Drum Slowly

Jennifer Warnes' version of Joan of Arc

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #33 of 241
TJ Elite and Inks what's with the blank posts?

EDIT: Oops, I was viewing it on my phone. My bad
rolleyes.gif
redface.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #34 of 241
Quote:
TJ Elite and Inks what's with the blank posts?

Both of us embedded videos. Can't you see them?

Edit
Here's a direct link to the video I posted earlier:
http://youtu.be/CcyTyLqkvoU

2nd edit
Since I'm here, I might as well post this video. I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier; it's definitely the song that has made me cry more often than any other. This song is dedicated to the late Esbjörn Svensson, who was a Swedish jazz pianist, and a personal friend of Iiro Rantala who performs in the video. If I remember correctly, Iiro has stated that he was depressed/down/sad for a couple of months after his friend died, and I think you can see in the video that he is playing from the heart.

Those who are not familiar with Iiro Rantala should know that he is jazz pianist whose music is often very upbeat/cheerful/playful and many of his songs are kind of based around his virtuosity as a pianist. This song is a huge departure from the music he has made earlier and I find watching him play something like this to be a very powerful and deeply moving experience.

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #37 of 241
Beyond the Gray Sky sometimes makes me cry, because I should have died from an overdose of Aspirin (200+ pills) and handfuls of stuff that said Don't Take With Aspirin. but somehow I survived.
Once you've "been there done that" with suicide, you have a MUCH different view of it.

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #38 of 241
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLPckUEcao

DANCES WITH WOLVES..
this soundtrack nvr fails to give me a lump in my throat....
v touching movie...universal brotherhood, u must watch it if u havent.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #41 of 241
RAP makes me cry. What has happened to music???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back