Nov 12, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
the whole of jeff buckley's "grace"

DAMN IT!
I wanted to say it first
icon10.gif

Nov 12, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 44
ok i cried when i listened to James Blunt "goodbye my lover" the day i broke up with my girlfriend of 6 years. it was like everything he was singing was a recollection of our relationship. i still feel a bit choked up everytime i listen to that song.

i bought another copy of that album and gave it to my ex a few days later and asked her to listen to that song. she cried too.. sigh..

Nov 12, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roasty
ok i cried when i listened to James Blunt "goodbye my lover" the day i broke up with my girlfriend of 6 years. it was like everything he was singing was a recollection of our relationship. i still feel a bit choked up everytime i listen to that song.

i bought another copy of that album and gave it to my ex a few days later and asked her to listen to that song. she cried too.. sigh..

Hi there.. not to add more tears but please try and listen to morning theft by jeff buckley
Listen to the lyrics, god that song changed my life

Nov 12, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #23 of 44
Draconian - Death Come Near Me is a really painful song, sometimes it has brought tears.

Virgin Black brings tears from sheer emotional power in the music.

The Gathering - Red is a Slow Colour Anneke's vocals hit some notes that are just beyond beautiful

Nov 12, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #24 of 44
Faure's Requiem by Choir of St.John's College. It really helps if you're reading the lyrics along while listening. Did this after finishing Fate Stay Night, a sad anime series.

Vivaldi's Four Seasons by I Musici. Think I had a hormonal imbalance at the time, though.

Tchaikovsky violin concerto by Kyung Wha Chung. The trills and the highs of her violin will bring down a grown man to his knees.

Nov 15, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 44
The only song I've ever cried to after listening was Okkervil River's Maine Island Lovers. I was a complete ******* to a girl who truly loved me and was 100% devoted to me, and these lyrics just fill me with both sadness & hatred toward myself every time I hear them, because this is how I truly felt at the time. Almost three years later, and I'm still regretting everything. She was the most perfect girl I've ever met :cry:

Quote:

But when I fell on the concrete, you went white as a sheet and wished that nothing in this world would ever hurt me. Well, keep wishing. Because when I look in my future, I don’t see you and don’t wish to. Idle talk made when I’m lying by your side on some Maine island is too funny to me, honey, so let’s drop it. If you really want to love me, well, then do it.

/emo.
frown.gif

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggerio79
as opposed to it evoking sadness?

Well... I'm thinking you can't evoke sadness without being brilliant.

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer
Well... I'm thinking you can't evoke sadness without being brilliant.

i think you misunderstood my question...anyway, sad music need not be brilliant and brilliant music need not be sad.

Nov 15, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
Every time I hear "Last Kiss", a cover from Pearl Jam, I get misty-eyed. I keep thinking about how devastated I would be if that were me and my wife. I hate to think about that, but that is all I can think about when I hear that song.

J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers version is a lot better than the P.J. version. Eddie makes it sound like a goat is singing it.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back