Music that makes you cry pt.?
Nov 11, 2006 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

jaz525

New Head-Fier
Ok, I just did a search and the latest thread on the subject was rather old. Anyone up for a new one?

A few moments tears ran down my cheeks as I listened to Celine Dion's and Andrea Boccelli's The Prayer. What a great song!

My girlfriend cried when she heard the New York Minute on the Hell Freezes Over album. I think it was just so sweet...

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 44
The Schindler's List soundtrack...especially the track (cannot remember the name) with just the choir of children singing. First shivers, then goosepimples, then very often some tears.

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 44
"Ceremony" by Joy Division

Nov 11, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaz525
A few moments tears ran down my cheeks as I listened to Celine Dion's and Andrea Boccelli's The Prayer. What a great song!

No offence but the only reaction i get from listening to that song is goosebumps .. not in a good way though...

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 44
i never cry but the saddest thing was that nutcracker theme:
http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Nu...6500912#disc_1
there is a slower version somewhere...? i'd say thanks if someone cares to enlighten me
smily_headphones1.gif

e
redface.gif
ops.. disc 2 track 2.

Nov 11, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 44
Classical piece Albinoni - Adagio. Not exactly cry, but makes me sorrowfull. Most likely because that song was played in my Aunt's husband's funeral. A fantastic and colourfull person he was...

Nov 11, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 44
There are only a few songs that make me cry, and I will share small samples with you, so that you can cry with me.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://download.yousendit.com/5D7BF75A68A30A88

The first song is "Epilogue - To Good Friends" from Chrono Trigger. First time I ever cried to a song. (Or a video game, for that matter. It was such a wonderful experience, and I was sad to know that it was actually over.
frown.gif
)

The second sond is "Truth" from Vagrant Story. I don't want to spoil anything, but it is probably the most beautiful and moving scene in any game, ever.

The third is "Aria di Mezzo Carattere" from Final Fantasy VI. I really cried like a baby during this one, but I couldn't help it. I was deeply touched by the simple yet profound beauty of this song, and combined with the context of the scene, I couldn't hold back.

Nov 11, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 44
I really only get emotional about religious music. As a matter of fact, I only get emotional about religion. Anyhow...

Greensleeves gets me every time. I always think of Greensleeves with the 'What Child is This' lyrics along with it, though.

Nov 12, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 44
The Elgar 2nd symphony. The coda of that last movement puts lumps in the throat, and a tear in the eye, everytime and with every recording. Very poignant, very special music.

Nov 12, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #14 of 44
Well for me..it'd be...'Jonestown Tea' by OTEP, it doesn't exactly make me cry, but it's that most emotional I've ever gotten over a song, but you'd have to understand her past to really get it.

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 44
Every time I hear "Last Kiss", a cover from Pearl Jam, I get misty-eyed. I keep thinking about how devastated I would be if that were me and my wife. I hate to think about that, but that is all I can think about when I hear that song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back