Music that Is "Trippy"
Sep 29, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I definitely agree with Rain Parade, Dream Syndicate, and the Byrds, but the OP had asked for "contemporary".....

Considering that many of the bands he listed were as early as the 1980s, I figured I could take that advisory with a grain of salt
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPM
Stone Roses
Primal Scream
Flaming Lips (early)
Happy Mondays
Soup Dragons
Spiritualized

Interesting to note the '60s influence through all these bands!

Sep 29, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible

biggrin.gif
this should be the next album you buy.

Sep 29, 2006 at 12:28 PM Post #35 of 38
VicAjax and jamesb say:
Quote:

Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible

This is a great site! I read a thread looking for didgeridoo music. Based upon this thread, I picked-up "Are You Shpoongled? A great album which I never would have found.

Good Work!

Keep on Didgeridooin'
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #36 of 38
The Firey Furnaces new album Bitter Tea is WAY out there on most tracks and I guess I would consider the album very 'trippy.'
Also, check out Jam & Spoon (the names of their albums I have elude me at the moment) and some of the tracks from the new Cut Chemist CD The Audience's Listening are 'trippy.'

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #37 of 38
The Verve's E.P and Storm in Heaven. My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. Quickspace One of my favorite "trippy" songs is "Shakermaker" from Oasis' Definiely Maybe. Early Grateful Dead jams--"Darkstar," etc. I generally consider "trippy" to be layers of guitar with feedback, dissonance and bending of chords.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by DPM
Wow this is great stuff. Kind of a mash of Do Make Say Think and a jam band like Phish. Do their other CDs sound like their EP that you can download from the site? Where can you get their CDs from? Hoping they are on emusic.com but no such luck. Probably an expensive import for us in North America?

DPM

Their Live Album is available on US label.

http://www.nearfestrecords.com/releases.asp?ID=9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back