Music like Keith Jarrett
Sep 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jesperh85

New Head-Fier
This is my first post, and sorry for my poor english, I'm from Denmark...

I really love Keith Jarrett's music, and I have most of the solo concerts and trio records, and I would like to know which other artists sound like him...

Thanks

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 10
Keith is quite unique. You might enjoy Brad Mehldau. Live in Tokyo is a great solo concert recording and there are quite a few good trio recordings.

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 10
Paul Bley is a great choice, but then again its much more the case that Jarrett sounds like him. 'Open, To Love' is fantastic, but he has dozens of great records. He tends to be more out than Keith, but much of his work is still very beautiful.

E.S.T., Fred Hersch, and of course Bill Evans represents a much 'lighter' side, with a greater focus on mood.

Sep 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #5 of 10
I haven't listened to any of Paul Bley's albums yet, so maybe I should try that.

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 10
Paul Bley and Keith Jarrett are 2 of my favorite jazz musicians, so I can recommend Paul Bley too. Paul's a little more likely to sneak up on you tho, where Keith's a little more out in the open with what he's doing.

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paul Bley and Keith Jarrett are 2 of my favorite jazz musicians, so I can recommend Paul Bley too. Paul's a little more likely to sneak up on you tho, where Keith's a little more out in the open with what he's doing.

Hell yeah they both rock. The Köln Concert is probably my favorite piece of piano.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell yeah they both rock.

I thought they both jazz.
biggrin.gif
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back