Music in shower?
May 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleatoris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Buy some outdoor speakers.
2. Set speakers on the counter.
3. Run speaker cables under the door/through the wall/ceiling whatever.
3b. If running cables through stuff and you are paranoid about water damage; seal with caulking.
4. Turn up tunes.
5. Proceed to dance in shower.

Is there an easy way to wirelessly transmit music to 1 or 2 outdoor speakers hanging on our bathroom wall?

May 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #17 of 30
I use an apple airport to stream music into my bathroom. i have 3 roommates and we are all able to listen to our own individual itunes. I bought some simple powered stereo speakers to put above the mirror on the vanity. Doesn't sound great, but it gets the job done. I don't think showers are really built for high quality listening anyways.

May 20, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #20 of 30
I use my iPod Touch with the Altec Lansing inMotion iM600

The remote is practically waterproof...so far at least
tongue_smile.gif

May 20, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelesh7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moving into an expensive apartment building. I don't think blasting my speakers is going to go over very well
smily_headphones1.gif

That's a shame. My apartment is literally about 10 feet from the railroad tracks. The whole building shakes every few hours when one goes by. Never heard any complaints about loud music.
beyersmile.png

May 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #22 of 30
music while showering??? I wonder how much water consumption you guys have. Probably better off getting a bath tube. It´s way nicer then showering anyway

May 21, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #24 of 30
I've got a similar situation of wanting tunes in the bathroom. However, I also want FM radio to listen to news in the morning. What I'm planning on doing is running an Apple Airport Express ($99 apple widget to get tunes from your itunes to an AV Receiver) in the bedroom next door to the bathroom. That will pipe bitperfect audio from ALAC files on my iMac to the AV Receiver in the bedroom. I'm going to run Main-B from the AVR to a pair of in ceiling speakers in the bathroom. Depending on the amount of moisture you generate in the shower, you might be better off going with some outdoor weather proof or weather resistant speakers. I don't take particularly steamy showers, so I should be fine with some in ceilings. As a side note, I'm placing the speakers as far away from the shower stall as possible. I've also thought about going with a single point stereo speaker and just having one. But that's neither here nor there. I'm going to go relatively cheap on them though just in case. In a perfect world I would have an RF remote to use in the bathroom, but what the heck. I can walk next door and mess with it. Also, I could use my iPhone to control the Airport Express / iTunes. iThink Steve Jobs has too much of my bloody money
frown.gif

May 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #25 of 30
I use my Alesis Transactive Mobile( big guitar amp-looking iPod dock,etc). I have this in my bathroom and I'm currently docking my Touch, lately I've been streaming with Pandora. I have a loop out to a Definitive Technology ProSub 200TL subwoofer ( 12" ). It truly Rocks!

May 22, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #26 of 30
why are you guys getting all elaborate with this?

It's the shower, I mean who does some serious listening in the shower?

I stand by what I said:

cheap ipod (old nano or whatever) and a cheap speaker dock

problem solved.

May 22, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #27 of 30
Buy a powered speaker (computer speakers). Stream audio from the MacBook on your iPhone using simplify media or the like. Or stream using an Airport Express--the one shaped like a power brick.

May 23, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #29 of 30
If you need audio control while in the shower, go with the Sony ICF-CD73W. You can play CDs and burn your mp3s to disc. It also has a radio so you can monitor news, traffic, weather report. If it's general audio piped to the bathroom, just make sure the components can operate in the humid environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back