music hall dac 25.2
Sep 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

erfmd

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have experience with this? Opinions? Is the headphone amp on this decent? The salesman at audio advisor really talked this dac up and said he preferred it to the PS Audio - Digital Link III Audio DAC which has a good reputation. Appreciate any feedback. thanks

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 3
It's really good. I own the PS Audio DAC and I do prefer the DAC 25.2. I also used to have the PS Audio headphone amp and I can say categorically that the DAC 25.2 is much better. I really never enjoyed music with the PS headphone amp, especially when fed by the internal DAC. The Music Hall does texture way better... just digs into the music more.

I have been switching back and forth between the DAC 25.2 feeding the RSA Raptor and the difference is pretty slight. The Raptor is slightly more refined while the DAC 25.2 is a bit drier and snappier. The Raptor is definitely better, but so much of hifi is chasing the last 10% of improvement.

I am using HD650 with Cardas power cables and interconnects on everything. Source is USB with FLAC.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Lots of info & owner impressions in this dedicated thread here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back