Music Giants downloads on Mac and imod
Dec 31, 2007 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

biglakerider

New Head-Fier
I am interested in purchasing from Music Giants as a source of high quality digital files. They are lossless WMA files. Is there a straightforward way to do this on my Mac and get them into itunes as Apple Lossless and ultimately play them with my imod to LD MarkIII to Ultrasone Hfi 700?

I search the forum and found no discussion on this.

I posted in Music but thought this may be a better forum for this question.

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 10
I've not used Music Giants, but the freeware Max will convert a lot of formats. I'm not 100% certain on WMA, though.

Max from sbooth.org

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 10
I am 99% sure that files from Music Giants are unusable on a Mac.
Since (afaik) there are no software for Mac OS X that support DRM protected WMA files.

You might be able to decode the files on a MS Windows computer, and then move them to the Mac though.

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 10
Oops. With the way things are going with online music, I just assumed Music Giants would be DRM-less.

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 10
sorry to keep spamming the forums with this question, but are the songs on music giants 24bit (the hd steoro one's, not the super HD on music giants)?

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cconnaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MusicGiants will be making their website and music Mac compatible in the no to distant future.

Awesome!
Cause its sad to see companies using technology which lock the users to one OS only.

Jan 1, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cconnaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MusicGiants will be making their website and music Mac compatible in the no to distant future.

*shrug* So what? The files will still be DRM'd up the yin yang, a.k.a. pile of poo I would not pay one cent for.

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*shrug* So what? The files will still be DRM'd up the yin yang, a.k.a. pile of poo I would not pay one cent for.

MusicGiants now offers many albums without DRM and it is my belief they will continue increasing the amount.

Jan 1, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 10
I would be very happy if they offer Mac OS/ipod compatible files. They are not marketing to the portable music player but are missing a sizable market to those of us using imods and computers with DAC as source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back