Music Direct offering new Grado RS-1's for $545
Feb 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 31
Thanks for the update. People have gotten on this deal quickly. I posted this in the other thread, but I saw the "enhanced version of the rs-1 last week at J&R in NYC. The only changes I saw were that it has round posts instead of square and the cable is much thicker.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 31
Any indication of the price for the "new and improved"?

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the update. People have gotten on this deal quickly. I posted this in the other thread, but I saw the "enhanced version of the rs-1 last week at J&R in NYC. The only changes I saw were that it has round posts instead of square and the cable is much thicker.

hmm. my buttonless RS1s that i picked up from ebay a few weeks ago have round posts and a pretty damn thick cable, i'm not sure how thick compared to other RS1s, but it seems about twice as thick as the cable on my SR60. serial #7378. i was under the impression that they were just the standard buttonless model. wonder if they're the newest version?

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 31
Maybe they were re-cabled. Can't explain the round posts, though.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 31
they were new sealed in box, definitely not recabled.

also, i remember this being an issue in one of the other threads, either the new sr60 or new 325 thread, but my RS1 have 4 little wires connected to each driver or whatever in each cup. i dunno if that's always been standard in the RS1 but i thought i'd mention it in case it's new

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 31
Good. Now maybe my buttoned RS-1 will become "vintage" and have a corresponding increase in value. As we know, discontinued models always sound better than newer models.

*rubs hands together*

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #11 of 31
I hope so too haha
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by beez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they were new sealed in box, definitely not recabled.

also, i remember this being an issue in one of the other threads, either the new sr60 or new 325 thread, but my RS1 have 4 little wires connected to each driver or whatever in each cup. i dunno if that's always been standard in the RS1 but i thought i'd mention it in case it's new

I posted a thread a little while back about a pair of RS-1s that had the same description you're talking about. The cable is like a garden hose!

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by niggle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering to sale my buttoned "vintage" RS 1 on ebay to have money for HD 800.

I'd put them on the for sale forum first. You might have a little better luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back