Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #241 of 357
I would like to step up, but my work schedule this year is not predictable and involves international travel.
I will be more than happy to collaborate on the details.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #242 of 357
Hey all, I hope everybody is doing well!

For those of you that have enjoyed my modded HE560s at our Meets, I am considering placing them on the market. Until recently I hadn't heard any headphones that I believed were significantly superior to the 560s, well I have a pair of HE1000s in the house and that has changed.

My 560s would come with the Norne Draug 2 Cable, balanced & SE, Grill mode (+ the original grills to reverse the mod), two pairs of Focus A Pads and the original Focus Pads. If you are interested, please let me know before I put them on the F/S Thread. Thnx!

Edit: Original Cable also included.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #243 of 357
Hey all, I hope everybody is doing well!

For those of you that have enjoyed my modded HE560s at our Meets, I am considering placing them on the market. Until recently I hadn't heard any headphones that I believed were significantly superior to the 560s, well I have a pair of HE1000s in the house and that has changed.

My 560s would come with the Norne Draug 2 Cable, balanced & SE, Grill mode (+ the original grills to reverse the mod), two pairs of Focus A Pads and the original Focus Pads. If you are interested, please let me know before I put them on the F/S Thread. Thnx!

Edit: Original Cable also included.

the he1000's must be pretty damn good to have you selling the 560 !

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #244 of 357
the he1000's must be pretty damn good to have you selling the 560 !

Jay, they are very good, they take everything I love about the 560 and improve on it exponentially!

They are the best headphones I have ever listened to (no Stax recently).

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #245 of 357
Jay, they are very good, they take everything I love about the 560 and improve on it exponentially!

They are the best headphones I have ever listened to (no Stax recently).

hope you have them at the next meet !

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #246 of 357
hope you have them at the next meet !

Yeah if my previous experiences with Wildcatsare1's headphones continue then the HE1000 will be my absolute favorite headphone.

Jul 10, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #247 of 357
Hey you JRiver MC20 users - I need some advice.
I was playing some 24/176 music and noticed the MC was resampling from 176kHz to 96kHz.  When I checked the playback options, they were set to resample everything higher than 96kHz to 96kHz.  So, I changed all the lower resolutions to up-sample to 96kHz, and the resolutions at/above 96kHz to make no changes.  Did I just improve the SQ of the lower resolution files?

Thanks -
Dick

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #248 of 357
  Hey you JRiver MC20 users - I need some advice.
I was playing some 24/176 music and noticed the MC was resampling from 176kHz to 96kHz.  When I checked the playback options, they were set to resample everything higher than 96kHz to 96kHz.  So, I changed all the lower resolutions to up-sample to 96kHz, and the resolutions at/above 96kHz to make no changes.  Did I just improve the SQ of the lower resolution files?

Thanks -
Dick

up, or downsampling, i've never really heard a difference, so i have playback set at "no change"

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #249 of 357
I would love to hear Jay's HE 1000's at the next meet, but lets not forget someone still has to step up and do it. I would, but im not a local, I just used to live in Fort Campbell and use the meets as an excuse to also come up and visit my friends in the area. I am thinking about stepping up and coordinating a meet for Houston. For the 4th largest city in the US, we pretty much have no Head-Fi community to speak of. The last meet with you guys was my first meet, so I'm kind of nervous but I think I can make it work. Theres a local library that allows people to use their rooms for free (given enough notice), and their rooms are large too. 

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #250 of 357
  I would love to hear Jay's HE 1000's at the next meet, but lets not forget someone still has to step up and do it. I would, but im not a local, I just used to live in Fort Campbell and use the meets as an excuse to also come up and visit my friends in the area. I am thinking about stepping up and coordinating a meet for Houston. For the 4th largest city in the US, we pretty much have no Head-Fi community to speak of. The last meet with you guys was my first meet, so I'm kind of nervous but I think I can make it work. Theres a local library that allows people to use their rooms for free (given enough notice), and their rooms are large too. 

kevin has the he-1000, i WISH i did

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #251 of 357
Only temporarily, have them till Wednesday, then Todd's (TTVJ) modified HD800s later next week. I'll have to sell a few items before the HE1000s move in.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #252 of 357
Apologies for the confusion, yes Kevins HE 1000's! Im really glad to hear how much you like it after so much talk of disappointment in some other threads. I think the price is the main is the main complaint, not so much that it sounds bad.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #253 of 357
They are truly the best headphones I have ever heard, by a wide margin. Until I heard them, nothing else offered an improvement versus my modded 560 worthy of a change. With the Taurus Mk.2 balanced out is sublime.

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #254 of 357
They are truly the best headphones I have ever heard, by a wide margin. Until I heard them, nothing else offered an improvement versus my modded 560 worthy of a change. With the Taurus Mk.2 balanced out is sublime.

Will be interested to hear the comparison between the HE-1000 and HD800.

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #255 of 357
Do y'all know what's up with Burnley?  I haven't seen him on line, in a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back