Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October 29th, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #136 of 165
So The Freya Will be Displacing My Valhalla 2 as My Tube Preamp in my 2 channel rig. I plan on using it now as a head amp with some good open cans near the fire place for some late night listening with a glass of whisky, scotch, beer... you get the idea. The problem is I need a DAC. My Solution. Sell some more things I have not used in a while and possibly help Skyline315 with that pesky Bifrost 4490 problem.

In Addition to the Grado SR80i with additional LCush Pads I have already listed, I will be Adding a Pair of Audio Technica M50x's and a Schiit Magni 2 Uber headphone Amp. price and details are

Grado SR80i WIth the L Cush Pads -$65
Barley used. Overall I liked really the sound but the highs were to much for me. Includes Box and original accessories. No Manual.

Audio Technica ATHM50X - $85
In very good shape, looks like new. Used it for about 6 months then upgraded. I have the Box all accessories (three cables and Bag) and manuals. 

Schiit Magni 2 Uber. $100
Like new. Just Not using it anymore. Original Box and manual.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #137 of 165
  So The Freya Will be Displacing My Valhalla 2 as My Tube Preamp in my 2 channel rig. I plan on using it now as a head amp with some good open cans near the fire place for some late night listening with a glass of whisky, scotch, beer... you get the idea. The problem is I need a DAC. My Solution. Sell some more things I have not used in a while and possibly help Skyline315 with that pesky Bifrost 4490 problem.

In Addition to the Grado SR80i with additional LCush Pads I have already listed, I will be Adding a Pair of Audio Technica M50x's and a Schiit Magni 2 Uber headphone Amp. price and details are

Grado SR80i WIth the L Cush Pads -$65
Barley used. Overall I liked really the sound but the highs were to much for me. Includes Box and original accessories. No Manual.

Audio Technica ATHM50X - $85
In very good shape, looks like new. Used it for about 6 months then upgraded. I have the Box all accessories (three cables and Bag) and manuals. 

Schiit Magni 2 Uber. $100
Like new. Just Not using it anymore. Original Box and manual.

I can vouch for the condition of these items. He takes very good care of his stuff.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #139 of 165
Last edit to my lineup, I swear.

Amp: modded Woo WA6SE with a slew of tubes
DACs: MHDT Pagoda, EE Minimax Plus
Cans: PS1000, RS1i, Magnum V6, Alpha Prime, HD800S

The Woo can take two inputs so I'll feed both dacs into it for easy switching. 

One of those DACs may be for sale, as well as the Grados and Magnum.
What are you looking for on the Grados ?

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #141 of 165

Dick, nice view, you are making me jealous.

Vacation pic w/ the mobile rig + the Ether Flow on the deck.  My sister-in-law is listening to Mozart now and loving the SQ.  Will miss seeing y'all but this is a fun time - rock on folks!

Cheers,
Dick

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #142 of 165

Afraid the 4490 is sold and gone.

I've got the Bimby headed my way this weekend :)

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #144 of 165
So far,I think only you and I showed any interest. I'm happy to meet on Friday.

I'd look forward to meeting with you guys for dinner Friday evening - I live in Franklin also so if there aren't too many attendees and people want to eat in Brentwood or Franklin that would be fine too.

Thanks to Dick for PM-ing me last week; I've looked forward to my first meet but had no idea it had been scheduled this fall since I've not been here in a month or so.  Had to do some re-arranging for this weekend, but will definitely look forward to seeing enthusiasts on Saturday - and hearing some great gear before I take the plunge myself.

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #145 of 165
  I'd look forward to meeting with you guys for dinner Friday evening - I live in Franklin also so if there aren't too many attendees and people want to eat in Brentwood or Franklin that would be fine too.

Thanks to Dick for PM-ing me last week; I've looked forward to my first meet but had no idea it had been scheduled this fall since I've not been here in a month or so.  Had to do some re-arranging for this weekend, but will definitely look forward to seeing enthusiasts on Saturday - and hearing some great gear before I take the plunge myself.

Another local!  Welcome...

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #146 of 165

Another local!  Welcome...

Thanks very much; I look forward to meeting everyone.

A couple of questions:
Would it be OK to bring my (Linn Genki) CD player to very briefly see how it would work as a transport?  Someone could insert it into their "known" system and tell me if it is great, tolerable, or junk.  I'm going to say it is from 1998, but it was expensive at the time.

If it is OK to bring the CD player, the only digital out is a BNC female connector and I don't have a BNC male to RCA coax digital interconnect yet - is that something someone there would have?  Or could bring?

The same goes for my PS Audio Duet power center (the discontinued 4-outlet version) - would anyone care to "experiment" by inserting this into their system?  If so I'll bring it; it made a difference when playing CDs with my (low tech) Panasonic Blu-Ray player through my pretty decent Zvox sound base (connected with $200 RCA interconnects I had laying around; the analog connectors beat the optical out by a mile).  I'm using some cryo-treated power cord with it - I'd have to look up what the heck brand it is - but it also sounds better than the factory cable.  And it wasn't too expensive...
Found it: Iron Lung Jellyfish power cord - maybe $39 with cryo option...

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #147 of 165

It looks like just you and me, we could do Cool Springs Brewery Friday night at 5:30.   

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #148 of 165

A couple of questions:
Would it be OK to bring my (Linn Genki) CD player to very briefly see how it would work as a transport?  Someone could insert it into their "known" system and tell me if it is great, tolerable, or junk.  I'm going to say it is from 1998, but it was expensive at the time.

If it is OK to bring the CD player, the only digital out is a BNC female connector and I don't have a BNC male to RCA coax digital interconnect yet - is that something someone there would have?  Or could bring?

The same goes for my PS Audio Duet power center (the discontinued 4-outlet version) - would anyone care to "experiment" by inserting this into their system?  If so I'll bring it; it made a difference when playing CDs with my (low tech) Panasonic Blu-Ray player through my pretty decent Zvox sound base (connected with $200 RCA interconnects I had laying around; the analog connectors beat the optical out by a mile).  I'm using some cryo-treated power cord with it - I'd have to look up what the heck brand it is - but it also sounds better than the factory cable.  And it wasn't too expensive...
If you have bnc to bnc you are more than welcome to hook up to my Yggdrasil.

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #149 of 165

A couple of questions:

That Linn Genki is a Burr Brown PCM1732U that can play HDCD's. It is an average 1-bit chips as far as high end chips go, but probably doesn't sound to shabby. It was $2000 back in the day. It has a Sanyo transport. I'm not familiar with the quality of those. I'd have to look at a list of HDCD's to see if I have any. The Mavericks is about the only one that comes to mind in my collection. HDCD is kind of parlor trick, but if is mastered for HDCD, you know it's going to have dynamic range.

I might I could pick up a BNC to RCA adapter (if I have time). I probably need one of those anyways.might just bring my Adcom GCD-575 if we're going to have CD players there.

And bring the Duet. I'm kind of curious. I'll give it a go.

And good news UT fans...they heard we're having an important Meetup and the kickoff against South Carolina is not until the meet is way over at 5:15PM local time. Go Vols!

I also got the confirmation that the room and tables are all setup for us already and awaiting our arrival on Saturday. Woo hoo!

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #150 of 165
I won't make it this time around but I will be moving to Knoxville next year. I know it'll be a bit of a drive but I'm stoked to join you all! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back