Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Mar 3, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #1,096 of 1,173
Hi, I bought an unlocked V50 Sprint in deals, but I have a problem. The message it gives me is "MCM client requests are processing" and therefore does not use the sim. Can I use ADB to remove Sprint programs from my smartphone or do I risk the brick? If they have unlocked the phone why is it still looking for confirmation from Sprint to work? Has the same thing happened to any of you? How did you solve? Thank you.

Mar 22, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #1,098 of 1,173
Some thoughts (and measurements) on the future of the 3.5 mm socket in smartphones in a post-LG world: https://www.hypethesonics.com/rog-phone5s-minihype/.

There's reason to be optimistic :)
Wait what? Asus have fixed SRC without having to go through UAPP? I haven’t been able to find info about that. Do you know if it works with everything, Spotify included? Tidal is the most important anyway.
I am such a happy camper with my Zenfone 7 Pro, I keep looking at DAPs and thinking to myself I wish Asus released one.

Mar 22, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #1,099 of 1,173
Some thoughts (and measurements) on the future of the 3.5 mm socket in smartphones in a post-LG world: https://www.hypethesonics.com/rog-phone5s-minihype/.

There's reason to be optimistic :)

Excellent reviews there. I did not know that about the ROG 5 either!

The question is, can you bring it to a business meeting and still be taken seriously? That's the the problem with gaming laptops too, which otherwise might have the best specs. Maybe with a case that covers its most conspicuous gamer design features...

Edit: I particularly like a measurement based review from someone who understands the intricacies of DAC modes, SRC issues etc. Some other "measurers" of LG phones did not have that understanding.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #1,100 of 1,173
Hi I need some help using the stock LG music player on my V30+
The player doesn’t recognise MQA files which I have ripped from a MQA x UHQCD CD. The CD has been ripped using EAC in Windows and tagged using the MQA Tagger.

Only one of the tracks from the CD is recognised as MQA (The MQA logo and green dot appears on screen along with 352.8khz).

Also, how do I get album art to show when playing tracks. I have added a .jpg file named “cover” to the folder with the tracks but this doesn’t seem to work.

Any advice appreciated

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #1,101 of 1,173
Hi all, I have LG V30+ sitting in my drawer. It's battery drains so fast, i replaced with a new battery but the same issue is still there. i really have no clue what the problem is. Anyway, my question is, can I still use it as my main hifi player at home with connected to power all the time? I have a shanling dap as well so I use that when i am outside. I just try to find a use case for the lg.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,102 of 1,173
Hi all, I have LG V30+ sitting in my drawer. It's battery drains so fast, i replaced with a new battery but the same issue is still there. i really have no clue what the problem is. Anyway, my question is, can I still use it as my main hifi player at home with connected to power all the time? I have a shanling dap as well so I use that when i am outside. I just try to find a use case for the lg.
Should work fine. Just keep an eye on how hot it gets.

I would go into settings and kill almost all apps running to see if that helps with battery life.

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #1,103 of 1,173
using v50 with A12 + uapp, seems it's beasting out, even triggering hi-imp mode works wonders, sxfi usb-c dac/amp glitching out, sometimes device not recognized and sometimes recognized, so i connect/disconnect/reconnect until i am hearing sound

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #1,104 of 1,173
I have the LG V30 with Android 9. I want to buy a Bluetooth In-Ear with the audio-codec LDAC and the Neutron music app because the V30 should have LDAC since Android 8. How can I check if LDAC works and not a worse codec is used?

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #1,106 of 1,173
Unlock developer's options.
Once you have unlocked developer settings follow these steps:

-Settings
-System
-Developer Options
-scroll down to 'Bluetooth Audio Codec': select LDAC

Under this option are extra options eg Bits per sample, sample rate and LDAC playback quality. Note, you will have to change your bluetooth settings for the paired headphones to select 'best sound quality' to fully optimise the latter of these developer options bluetooth audio settings.

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,108 of 1,173
Things were looking a bit bleak here for a while...

Screenshot_20221007-150753.png

But some happy news for future Androiders... Watch out for a new UAPP version coming to a Play Store near you tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back