Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Apr 21, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #152 of 1,181
the jump from android 7 nougat to 8 oreo kind of sucks. Now high res audio dont work properly anymore with neutron. I have uninstalled Neutron because of that, but now i cant even install it anymore. google play store do say: "Your device is not compatible with this version".

Seems like i have to change to another app, i guess i try out usb audio player pro app now.

So, maybe better just stay with android 7 nougat with LG V30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 21, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #153 of 1,181
the jump from android 7 nougat to 8 oreo kind of sucks. Now high res audio dont work properly anymore with neutron. I have uninstalled Neutron because of that, but now i cant even install it anymore. google play store do say: "Your device is not compatible with this version".

Seems like i have to change to another app, i guess i try out usb audio player pro app now.

So, maybe better just stay with android 7 nougat with LG V30.
Oreo has indeed been a bit of a nightmare, but things are starting to stabilize now. I'm still having issues with USB-out, but payback via the internal DAC is mostly ok, as long as you have the right settings configured for UAPP or Neutron. I'm actually finding Neutron to be the more stable of the two at the moment - UAPP sometimes freezes on me (starting playback through another app and then returning to UAPP seems to fix the problem).

Not being able to install Neutron is odd. Can you try restarting your phone, then going to the Play Store, searching for Neutron and then fully uninstall your old version first, via the Play Store's 'Uninstall' option?

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #154 of 1,181
I had to completely reset the V30 to factory settings. Annoying. But now at least everything works again. And Neutron now works as usual. So, all again hunky dory with v30 and android oreo .

Did you actually activate 64-bit processing in the Neutron options, and resample to audiophile?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 22, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #155 of 1,181
Upgraded to Oreo (did a fresh install), rooted with Magisk, applied the high impedance mode and finally bought UAPP (let's be honest, Neutron is great, but that UI ...). Everything is working perfectly on the first try. I'd even dare say that the sound is a bit better on Oreo with UAPP than it was on Nougat with Neutron ...

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #156 of 1,181
Magisk has high impedance mode option or it's another application?

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #157 of 1,181
Magisk allows for system files modifications. There is a way to change the behaviour of the dac on sub 50ohms headphones by editing a config file so that the dac behaves the same as with more demanding headphones. You should find all the info you need on the xda forums (search for mixer_paths_tavil.xml).

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #159 of 1,181
Can someone please shed some light over the 64 bit processing and the resampling settings. What should these be set to?

Tick 64 bit.
Resample to audiophile (it doesnt matter btw cuz lg v30 play everything bitperfect except dsd will convert to pcm)

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #161 of 1,181
I received my DUNU Impedance Adapter today.
I'm not sure what my issue is, but when it is attached to my Fospower Audio Extension Cable my LG V30 triggers as high impedance mode, but once I remove it to attach my 1More Quad Drivers headphones it converts back to AUX mode.
I even tried it with another extension adapter...same results.

Can anyone explain to me...why?

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #162 of 1,181
I received my DUNU Impedance Adapter today.
I'm not sure what my issue is, but when it is attached to my Fospower Audio Extension Cable my LG V30 triggers as high impedance mode, but once I remove it to attach my 1More Quad Drivers headphones it converts back to AUX mode.
I even tried it with another extension adapter...same results.

Can anyone explain to me...why?
Hi @dragion, Does your 1More cable have a remote unit on it?

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #164 of 1,181
Unfortunately, it seems TRRS on the headphone plug or adapter cable can cause the issues you're experiencing. The adapter cable I linked to in the first post should work for you. I'm not sure about that 1More cable though...

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #165 of 1,181
Unfortunately, it seems TRRS on the headphone plug or adapter cable can cause the issues you're experiencing. The adapter cable I linked to in the first post should work for you. I'm not sure about that 1More cable though...

Thanks for the info.

I really don't want a 3ft cable extension, reason why I went with the FosPower and Vastar extension cables. :worried:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01552UGSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZK43S4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back