Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Dec 2, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #917 of 1,175
Hi guys.

I just wanted to share with you something that happened to me yesterday while playing with Magisk modules.

My Setup : LG V30 US998 + PIE + Rooted wiht Magisk + (Audio Modification Library + Viper4Android FX Legacy + Ainur Narsil + Move Certificates) mods installed in Magisk.

In fact I had just installed AML + Ainur then started to play with config files. Just turned ON the LG options then modified the volume control steps on the butons.

By testing the sound I was able to listen an album in DSF, so I had to test my other DSF albums and nothing. Only the first one passed.

After reinstalled Ainur again ( to validate my new modifications ) I can't listen to any DSF anymore.

I don't know what happened but I assure you that for a while it was working.

Otherwise I wanted to ask if it's normal not to get the HiRes flag on my 24 bit MQAs ...?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #919 of 1,175
there's no dubt to my ears that the slow filter is for a more hi-fi/ hi-end like sound possible, it is like that also on V40 ,as well as on V30. I rarely use the others ..

Dec 7, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #923 of 1,175
Oreo is faster and smoother than Pie. Sound is better, i use Ainur Narsil + AML + Viper and i hear less artifacts than in Pie. DSD works fine. DTS works great. I stay in Oreo !

Still looking for a solution to get play controls with butons...
I also have an lg v20 (lineage os 17.1).
Which option did you turned in narsil useroptions for the lg v20?
Im finding volume with narsil installed very low compared to stock lineageos and quad dac on.

i would also love to use physical keys to command the media player.

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #924 of 1,175
I also have an lg v20 (lineage os 17.1).
Which option did you turned in narsil useroptions for the lg v20?
Im finding volume with narsil installed very low compared to stock lineageos and quad dac on.

i would also love to use physical keys to command the media player.

i don't have the V20 but the V30. In Narsil i didn't activate any options. There are 2 options, first one to pass trough the system EQ, but i don't like it activated, it makes the sound very harsh. The second option is to get more gain but that gives me a lot of artifacts. You can handle the gain in Viper, it works better for me.

Edit: i loosed the DSD capability again. I don't know what is going on with this device, maybe a provlem with UAPP...

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #925 of 1,175
Guys, can someone please help me? I have some offline MQA albums and I use UAPP. UAPP is keep telling me that android driver is in use instead of high res driver when I am listening via my Sony WH-1000XM4. I set LDAC as my preferred codec in developer menu. Is it expected behaviour that it won't use hi-res drivers in LDAC Bluetooh mode?

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #926 of 1,175
Guys, can someone please help me? I have some offline MQA albums and I use UAPP. UAPP is keep telling me that android driver is in use instead of high res driver when I am listening via my Sony WH-1000XM4. I set LDAC as my preferred codec in developer menu. Is it expected behaviour that it won't use hi-res drivers in LDAC Bluetooh mode?

Restart the phone. Then make sure UAPP Settings - Internal HiRes audio - Use with Bluetooth audio is enabled. Of course also select to use the HiRes Direct driver.

The Mixer will resample to the sample rate and bitdepth you selected in Developer Options, but it will resample directly from the stream sent from UAPP. So if UAPP plays a 192khz track and you've selected LDAC 32/96 in Dev Options, then the Mixer will resample straight from 24/192 to 32/96 before sending it to BT.

Quad DAC phones do NOT decode MQA when playing through BT. And neither does UAPP in current versions, even with the MQA add-on. It assumes that the phone will hardware decode it (which it won't). The UAPP dev is working on a fix for that.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #927 of 1,175
Restart the phone. Then make sure UAPP Settings - Internal HiRes audio - Use with Bluetooth audio is enabled. Of course also select to use the HiRes Direct driver.

The Mixer will resample to the sample rate and bitdepth you selected in Developer Options, but it will resample directly from the stream sent from UAPP. So if UAPP plays a 192khz track and you've selected LDAC 32/96 in Dev Options, then the Mixer will resample straight from 24/192 to 32/96 before sending it to BT.

Quad DAC phones do NOT decode MQA when playing through BT. And neither does UAPP in current versions, even with the MQA add-on. It assumes that the phone will hardware decode it (which it won't). The UAPP dev is working on a fix for that.
Thnak fo the detailed answer @Dannemand , I made those changes and it's playing as you said. Just ne qq tho, if I go settings > android audio > play through android is enabled. Shall I disable it? Not sure what it does tbh.

Dec 21, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #928 of 1,175
Just posting here since I think I find the most audiotweakers owning a V30 here I assume. So I rooted my device, and installed Magisk and so on. The main goal was to get Viper4Android on it, working. After I tried several different versions, I finally found one that worked. (Main problem was that it didn't want to install the driver, anyway, solved and I'm running an older version I guess, but I can do the tweaks that I want). But along the way I think I got lost in translation on what I had been doing on the device, that I ran into an issue now concerning the DAC. In general, the V30 sounds good to me and Viper is working lovely. However, the DAC switch from the notification area or the one in the settingsmenu doesn't do anything anymore. Normally you would hear a little silence and after that it is either on or off. Now nothing happens, and the music just keeps on playing. Also, when playing around with LG's own built in limited eq and filters, nothing happens (where I used to hear a similar pause or click so you know it did something, let alone that the sound changes). I have this LG Hifi notification app from the Playstore which shows what kind of audio output is operating at the moment, and that one shows AUX.
I know it sounds vague and I could also see an answer coming like: if it sounds good to you, why risking flashing all sorts of stuff in order to maybe get the DAC to work properly but also riskingstuff like bootloops and bricking and such. But if anyone has a clue, or had something similar, would be nice to hear any solution or help! Otherwise, PM works fine too :wink:

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #929 of 1,175
What advantage/use do you get out of viper4Android? Just like EQ et cetera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back