Multi Connect Headset?
Mar 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheGreenBastard

New Head-Fier
My brother has sever PTSD and spends the majority of his time alone. I live thousands of miles away so I'm trying to find a way that we can talk on our cellphones while we watch a movie together. We have tried using headsets on our cellphones but our mics pick up the movie's audio and where I live everything is through satellite so there is a 1-2 second delay which just causes him frustration and defeats the purpose I'm trying to achieve. I need a headset that can connect simultaneously to a cellphone and HT receiver so my movie's audio and cellphone are coming into the same earpiece. Please help me out, I appreciate any suggestion and I'm willing to try anything at this point because my brother's combined PTSD and isolation have been causing him to rapidly deteriorate both mentally and physically. Thanks!

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd really like to help you and your brother out but what you're asking for sounds pretty advanced!

Why don't you just start the same movie at exactly the same time (I mean like 1-2-3 go!) and then use skype?

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 4
lol "1-2-3 go!" is exactly how we do it when I am anywhere but here. I live in a very remote area and all of my communications are through satellite so no matter what we do there is a delay. If our mics weren't picking up the audio from the TV the problem would be solved. I don't think such a cellphone mic exist which is why I was trying to find a headset that could receive 2 audio sources at the same time.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 4
  lol "1-2-3 go!" is exactly how we do it when I am anywhere but here. I live in a very remote area and all of my communications are through satellite so no matter what we do there is a delay. If our mics weren't picking up the audio from the TV the problem would be solved. I don't think such a cellphone mic exist which is why I was trying to find a headset that could receive 2 audio sources at the same time.

There are some problems that technology can't solve.

If you really love your brother I'm sure you'll figure out the right thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back