MTPC Bass Issues
May 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mastershake2393

500+ Head-Fier
I have come here today to ask if anyone has any advice on what I should do about the MTPC's I recently received. These are the Refurbs that Monster had on sale, which I got from another HF member. I had to ship the MTPC the HF member sent me because the strain relief broke on the left ear-piece (I'm OCD about that stuff...), and just recently I received the 2nd pair from Monster.

I can tell I huge drop in SQ from the first pair that I received to the second pair. The person that originally sold them to me had put 100 hours of burn-in on the pair I sent in, but I think the pair that I got sent to be from Monster have more problems than a good burn-in period. I feel that the left driver is quieter than the right and it seems to not have as much bass as the right...

So should I keep burning them in, or should I contact Monster and have them replace it again? I have put about 30 hours of burn-in on them already, but haven't noticed a huge change in the way the left driver sounds.

Thanks for the help :)

-Zac-

May 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 6
yours are broken bud
frown.gif

May 15, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 6
I'll say find a person to listen to it just to confirm your finding, then send it back.

May 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Alright, I'll see if my friend can listen to them tomorrow and see if it is really going, or my ears need to get adjusted to them again... Monster really needs better QC 
frown.gif

Thanks aleki and ClieOS for your help. I will report back with my friends findings tomorrow.

-Zac-

May 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Same thing happened to my old Turbines, the right speaker got really quiet then it just went completely out. Sucked but I replaced them the same day anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back