MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience?
Mar 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #106 of 254
  Agree. It is pretty crazy. Generally I would never say pro80 is a muddy headphone. But in comparison to b6, yes, definately.

I should be receiving bosshifi b7 in two weeks. Eager to see if those are really open. There are so many fake "open" headphones. I would not be surprised if the grille covered hole is there just for decoration purposes. I'll open the headphones and post some pics what is inside.

Did you receive your B7, and if so, how do they sound? :)

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #107 of 254
I got them. In stock form those are too bassy. Too much resonances, reverbs and general muddiness. Thick foam covering the driver makes things Even worse. Imaging is only things that impressed me. I took off that foam piece covering the driver and another from inside the the headphones that covers the Back grille. That removed the veiled sound but Bass needed taming so I replaced the stock pads with hm5 velours. Now these sound awesome:)

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #108 of 254
Apr 3, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #109 of 254
These are starting to get pretty good now:

They've now got Dynamat in the cups in addition to some glassfiber filling. They've also gotten new pads from the Yenona Adapter Free-DJ headphones and some foam tuning rings that can be found on eBay. I've alo taped one ofthe three bassports and uses them with a balanced cable from Hifiman.

Edit: had to cover one more bassport to get my preferred bass quality/quantity.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #110 of 254
Hi all 0_/

Really like how MSUR N650 looks and their contruction. Can anyone compare them with ATH-M40x?
Plus, want to buy for them HM5 leather angled pads - what problem with sound i will get? Mb some modding advices?
Also, have usb2.0-powered soundcard - will N650 sound better with additional Amp, which will powered from electrical network? ( SMSL SAP VI like ).

Beforehand grateful for answers, Tomo.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #111 of 254
So is the B8 considered to be the best in terms of overall sound quality (between the B6, B7 and B8 models)?
I've had Pro 80's, Somic MH463 and V2, currently on ISK hp2011 so I was wondering if the B8 are an upgrade over the HP2011's. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #113 of 254
  Здравствуйте,у меня есть плеер Fiio X5.хочу купить к нему наушники с лучшим звучанием для прослушивания музыки дома,Вопрос в том что выбрать из этого списка - bosshifi b7,MSUR N650 / N550 / N350  ???
спасибо

Если вы хотите слушать дома, M650 будет лучшим. Но поворот M550 даст вам немного больше гибкости. Оба будут звучать примерно одинаково.​

VL.

May 16, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #115 of 254
I got them. In stock form those are too bassy. Too much resonances, reverbs and general muddiness. Thick foam covering the driver makes things Even worse. Imaging is only things that impressed me. I took off that foam piece covering the driver and another from inside the the headphones that covers the Back grille. That removed the veiled sound but Bass needed taming so I replaced the stock pads with hm5 velours. Now these sound awesome:)
By sound awesome, do you mean they sound better than the B6/550?

May 16, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #116 of 254
By sound awesome, do you mean they sound better than the B6/550?
It's a tough call. Slightly modded B7 sounds More dynamic and lifelike, in comparison heavily modded n550 has se monitoring style detail oriented sound. I guess If u don't plan on modding go for n550 but If you get hm5 pads etc it is easier to get B7 reach their full potential. And If you want to good through a lot of mods go for n550 because those can Be tuned More to each ones preferences and double cabling leaves More options open for after market cables.

May 16, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #117 of 254
It's a tough call. Slightly modded B7 sounds More dynamic and lifelike, in comparison heavily modded n550 has se monitoring style detail oriented sound. I guess If u don't plan on modding go for n550 but If you get hm5 pads etc it is easier to get B7 reach their full potential. And If you want to good through a lot of mods go for n550 because those can Be tuned More to each ones preferences and double cabling leaves More options open for after market cables.
Have you tried the B8? This guy thinks it smashes the 6 and 7.

"I have all three.
B6 and B7 are far worse than B8, not even close."
He is also going to be testing the Takstar pro 82 which look very promising.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...r-ear-headphones.822184/page-68#post-13493634
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/takstar-pro-82-review-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/

May 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #118 of 254
Here is how to tune bass on Bosshifi B6/B7/B8:
There are 3 bass ports on top of each earcup:
upload_2017-5-18_17-7-31.png

Blocking them (all or some) will increase the bass quantity (at the cost of quality).
The more you block, the stronger the effect.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-18_17-7-6.png
    upload_2017-5-18_17-7-6.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #119 of 254
Here is how to tune bass on Bosshifi B6/B7/B8:
There are 3 bass ports on top of each earcup:

Blocking them (all or some) will increase the bass quantity (at the cost of quality).
The more you block, the stronger the effect.

Is this from your own experience? From my experience with the B6 (and several other headphones and IEM's) blocking the vents reduces bass quantity and gives better quality......

May 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #120 of 254
Is this from your own experience? From my experience with the B6 (and several other headphones and IEM's) blocking the vents reduces bass quantity and gives better quality......

I have only tried with B8, and that is the effect I noticed. Although it really depends on your bass preferences.
On B8, with all 3 holes closed, the bass became punchier, but lost some decay. Some may actually prefer it, but for me the original bass on B8
is perfect.

It probably also depends on how much seal B8 creates on each listener's head - with change in seal, effect may change too.
So the conclusion is - everyone should try this with their headphone, and find what suits them best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back