MS-2 arrived today!
May 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #31 of 33
Also just wanted to add something RE the lettering; I read somewhere here that metallic silver paint pens don't work too well for restoring faded lettering because they don't stick. I went and bought one anyway, a silver Sharpie and it works a treat. Same colour (surprisingly almost identical) and sticks on just as well (if not better) than the original paint. I joked to my brother that Grado uses the same thing to paint their phones.
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the sound never fatigued me i simply just love it, although with the bowls now it felt it is very distant sounding... until i press it up to my ears :p so probably it is the lose headband issue :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for my "Ah-Hah!" Epiphany moment...not sure if its the comfort/fit of the pads. I really do want these phones to work for me, but it doesn't seem like its happening. The slight shrillness of the treble plus lack of bass are things I can do without.

Could try reversing the bowls to make it more up-front sounding, and less shrill.
smile.gif
But I notice you've got an MS-1000 Xan, so I don't really know what it'll do.

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass, bass... what to say; It's great for rock and fun for metal and electronic and only sort-of alright for dance.

IIRC it's got more kick than the MS-1 but it's definitely still not what I'd call powerful. Honestly I think that people who find the MS-1's bass to be 'acceptable' should enjoy the upgrade.

Albums that's got a lot of good bass mastered into it like Massive Attack albums sound really good though.
smile.gif
I've never really liked Massive Attack before on my HD25-1 but I'm listening to Protection now and I'm really digging it.

Also flat pads might help. Wish I could try them but they're hard to come by and expensive (here on this side of the world anyways).

Hey so I'm considering getting some ms-2i's for home use and HD-25 on the go. What's the bass punch and extension like relative to each other?

Any comments on these two as a combo and relative qualities? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back